Ovide

USED TO HAVE DISCOGRAPHY SEEMED TO HAVE LOST IT HAS ANYONE GOT ONE,ALSO ANY INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THIS GREAT LOGO,WHO WERE THE TSU TORONADOS,DID THERE RECORD AT TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ETC.ANYONE GOT A SPARE LOVE WITH HOPE.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED [TONY][ DAVE ] ETC.

PS ANY HIDDEN MONSTERS ON THIS LOGO OR IS IT COVERED.

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

USED TO HAVE DISCOGRAPHY SEEMED TO HAVE LOST IT HAS ANYONE GOT ONE,ALSO ANY INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THIS GREAT LOGO,WHO WERE THE TSU TORONADOS,DID THERE RECORD AT TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ETC.ANYONE GOT A SPARE LOVE WITH HOPE.

BAZ A

think all known baz.

met the label owner skipper lee frazier three or four years ago

interesting character

thought he was going to get me killed driving me through the worst areas of houston and then falling asleep at stop signs (he's about 80) with gangs of yoot regarding me with some suspicion

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

BAZ A

Baz -

Dave's discography is about as complete as complete is likely to get, other than to add that the B side of 224 is called "Someone To Hold Me".

Suspect that all the other missing numbers were not issued....

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Baz

Somewhere I've got an article on this label in one of Rod Dearlove's old Voices Mags.

Once I get home on Wednesday I'll scan it and mail it to you - gives a review on most of the releases on the label.

Personal faves includ Mark Putney "Todays Man" which was also released on Atlantic and James Taylor's "Love with Hope" - 2 nice cross-overish cuts. James Taylor has a nice deepie on the flip.

Take care

John

BAZ A

Social source share

think all known baz.

met the label owner skipper lee frazier three or four years ago

interesting character

thought he was going to get me killed driving me through the worst areas of houston and then falling asleep at stop signs (he's about 80) with gangs of yoot regarding me with some suspicion

Thanks Dan,anymore stories love the logo,love the Sebastian Williams and remember only inside from the Stafford days etc,my mate spun love with hope at soul or nothing and it was given its dues,i usually give the masters of soul a spin do you really love me [brilliant].

Thanks

BAZ A

Baz

Somewhere I've got an article on this label in one of Rod Dearlove's old Voices Mags.

Once I get home on Wednesday I'll scan it and mail it to you - gives a review on most of the releases on the label.

Personal faves includ Mark Putney "Todays Man" which was also released on Atlantic and James Taylor's "Love with Hope" - 2 nice cross-overish cuts. James Taylor has a nice deepie on the flip.

Take care

John

THANKS jOHN.[MUCH APPRECIATED]

Social source share

Mine too Ken.

A Rotherham Windmill classic mate!

Remember old Bob Steer, Darryl Gunson and Craig Dethic straight on the floor to that baby every time I played it.

Bobo Mr Soul is..... Beau Williams... (of course!).

Sean

Somebody was playing it covered up,down here as sam dees,spotted it........., :thumbsup: sam dees,nutter :D

Social source share

Somebody was playing it covered up,down here as sam dees,spotted it........., :thumbsup: sam dees,nutter :P

Have him taken out and shot!

The record has been known in the UK since it was first released.

I played it out over 30 years ago.

Be just as well covering up 'Rock The 'flipping' Boat'.

:D

Sean

Social source share

It'll do you Ken 'till you get a proper copy :P

Dont know about that Chunky,its been used as a frizby. :thumbsup:

For sale,one Bobo Mr Soul - Hitchhike To Heartbreak Road,uk red demo,M-few light scratches, :D

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Yep great lil label...seb Williams - Get your point over and especially TSU torandos - Only inside!! great song.. think an old Guy Hennigan spin?

How goes it Liam?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Faves on here include

Seb Williams - Get Your Point Over (Superb and on the up!)

Bobo Mr Soul - Hitchhike To Heartbreak Road (Brill southern beater!)

Great label.

Rich

Also

Pete Mayes - Peace :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest For Real

Just another vote for Hitch Hike by Bobo Mr Soul, one of those records that manages to be danceable and almost deep soul at the same time. Raises the hairs on the back of my neck. And those backing singers don't half give it some welly..... Brilliant track. Played it again and again and again when I first found it. And you can get it on Ovide for about a fiver on Ebay these days.

Mark

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Not bad Kevin, getting baked here in sunny ireland at the moment! which is a great change... planning some soul trips from Sept to december aaaand a trip to the US! woohoo cant wait..

L

Liam -

That is great news!!! Hope you can make it up our way with a box'o'records!! Keep me posted.

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert