I Give You Your Next Uptempo Monster Newie

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soul_hull

didn't sound so bad, but it was just 'straight up' vocal house to me. listened to both vocal mixes, preferred the milder original mix - and i think it would cetainly go down better than the harder mix, with soul audiences.

housey housey pump up the bittah :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

i quite liked that , but , as someone who know sod all about modern stuff .... what makes it any different to the hundreds of other that sound the same ?

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

All depends if the person is into the Modern stuff laugh.gif61.gif

thats the very kind of person i was asking , obviously not yourself judging by the answer :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Er, maybe you could just make yer own mind up?

No offence intended
laugh.gif

there couldn't be any offence cos you never made a point ..... i said at the start i quite liked it , there that was my mind made up . now i want to know from a modern point of view what makes it a great tune on the modern scene , whats the problem with that? :thumbsup:

Social source share

there couldn't be any offence cos you never made a point ..... i said at the start i quite liked it , there that was my mind made up . now i want to know from a modern point of view what makes it a great tune on the modern scene , whats the problem with that?
:thumbsup:

No problem at all with that, sorry mate I must 'ave missed the point
:thumbsup:ph34r.gif
:search:

Social source share

Guest Dodger

there couldn't be any offence cos you never made a point ..... i said at the start i quite liked it , there that was my mind made up . now i want to know from a modern point of view what makes it a great tune on the modern scene , whats the problem with that? :thumbsup:

I think Mark probably knows Soul Sam no doubt bought it at the recent Summer Ball and will end up playing it in a northern soul room!! :thumbsup:ph34r.gif:ohmy:

Decent track from a top flight vocalist but overall a tad formulaic to my ears - that sound is in danger of becoming the new 'Driza-bouncy-castle' if it's not careful. :)

Davie, I'm the same to 60s r&b what you are to modern, I wouldn't have the first idea what differentiates a good r&b record from a not so good one. How would you explain if if somebody asked you that?

Roger

Social source share

I like it.

Sounds as good as (or better than) most of the recent product that I've come across (If more 'Modern' stuff was as good or distinctive and as evidently 'Soulful' as this I'd probably buy more of it).

I think you're right, in that it sounds like it could be Huge for the dancefloor.

Not at all bad on the eardrums either (although late Friday nights I normally go for a more mellow mood).

Thanks a lot for the post.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Davie, I'm the same to 60s r&b what you are to modern, I wouldn't have the first idea what differentiates a good r&b record from a not so good one. How would you explain if if somebody asked you that?

Roger

i would have to look at the particular record in question and then give an opinion on why it was being described as HUGE , but i would have an answer in my opinion what made it great

Social source share

Doesn't do much for me I'm afraid. :unsure:

Like Davie, I would like to know what differentiates this from dozens of other similar tracks. Is it just that the artist isn't "mainstream"?

I just played it to my son, who is involved in funk/house/hip-hop etc events, and when he'd stopped laughing he described it as "cheese for towny clubs" and was astonished that it might get played on our scene. :ohmy:ph34r.gif

Social source share

Ron Carroll is the man, not done a bad record and this is another quality tune. Though for me the new Ann Nesby "So Much Joy" would have more crossover appeal onto the northern side as it's got a very similar backing to "Tribute to Betty" https://www.juno.co.uk/products/222300-01.h...highlight=nesby

Cheers

Gareth

I should point out that I wasn't trying to force this down anyones throat, or suggest that it would necessarily cross-over to the NS scene, just posting it as a good soulful example of the genre that some folk on here may dig.

As far as the Ann Nesby cut goes, see my Cleethorpes weekender playlists here:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...29791&st=50 :yes::yes::yes:

And to add even more interest, for those that don't know, Ann Nesby was the lead voice on those early Sounds Of Blackness tracks which are the subject of much interest elsewhere on the forum.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Ron Carroll is the man, not done a bad record and this is another quality tune. Though for me the new Ann Nesby "So Much Joy" would have more crossover appeal onto the northern side as it's got a very similar backing to "Tribute to Betty"

The Ann Nesby Track is better than the Ron Carroll track, which was a bit bland-neither of them come up to the level of Ron Hall and the Motherfunkers-'the way you love me'

https://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...&sku=511667

....unfortunately no vocals, on the sample, but that's IT in stoopid handz fer yer! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Oh Pete, that was so much more creative than your usual 'I haven't heard it but... " :thumbsup:

Like some others, find a lot of these tracks quite 'samey'... quite like the Ann Nesby, but then think her voice is great anyway, love 'In The Spirit'.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

could be ok with a real band or a producer without that generic dance beat on his casio imo.

nice voice as you always get with a lot of this kind of stuff.

i hope no one tells soul sam about this one. i dont want to hear it at the progressive 60s/70s nighters i go to :D:thumbsup:

cheers for posting it tho mark. :D

it is a soul forum afterall and i think this one sneaks in (just :P )

Shane

Social source share

i hope no one tells soul sam about this one. i dont want to hear it at the progressive 60s/70s nighters i go to :D:thumbsup:

Shane

didn't realise you still went to all-nighters Shane :D

and when you did you whinged about the 70's :P:D:D

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest ShaneH

didn't realise you still went to all-nighters Shane :P

:thumbsup:

i will be now sheridans is opening again. better than that place half hour down the road from me. good to see the return of the only real underground venue in the north imo.

anyway i will be at the shooting high nighter in london on saturday :D

back on topic....

anyone else rate the tune mark kindly put up for us?

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

Guest marco i

Just my luck... I made an order to Juno Records yesterday before reading this post :angry:

Any more suggestions before I make a new order to buy this tune? :(

Marco

Already out of stock on Juno... :thumbsup:

Found one on ebay... :lol:

Social source share

Guest Biggie G

It's not listed as soul though girl_haha.gif

Genre: Funky/Vocal/Disco/Club House

They don't have a "Soul" section I'm afraid, but hey if only life was so simple.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert