Johnny Daye - Good Time - Jomada

Denbo

Again, I have two copies of this record, both in mint condition and both on vinyl.

One is a yellow issue with a very official looking stamp in the runout grooves.

The other is a white label copy but without anything that shows that it might be a demo.

This white label copy does not have any kind of stamp in the runout grooves.

Might the white label copy be a boot? The quality and look of the record would suggest not.
Can anybody help with some informative comments. Can't make my mind up which one to keep.

Normally I'd just keep both but I really need to trim down my collection a bit.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

This came out on several formats.

There's the plain yellow with black print, multi coloured label mainly green and black I think from memory, plain green, white label versions with and without "NOT FOR SALE" types DJ indicators on.

Might be more versions.

Don't think it was bootlegged  :g:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

This came out on several formats.

There's the plain yellow with black print, multi coloured label mainly green and black I think from memory, plain green, white label versions with and without "NOT FOR SALE" types DJ indicators on.

Might be more versions.

Don't think it was bootlegged  :g:

Cheers

Richard

Richard, I was hedging my bets with the 'boot' reference, would be surprised also if it was booted,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've got this on the white label  with no "promotional copy not for sale..." etc.

The dead wax has an ARP stamp, BRS and M-603-A for the "Good Time" side .

My yellow label copy does but my white label copy doesn't?

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  NEVER BOOTED,  MY COPY IS YELLOW, This was a TORCH SPIN, JD had success with STAX however the record was a big hit in DETROIT CHICARGO & Johnny's home land CANADA, & I believe that some of the changes in label are due to this fact alone, GREAT RECORD :ohmy: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  NEVER BOOTED,  MY COPY IS YELLOW, This was a TORCH SPIN, JD had success with STAX however the record was a big hit in DETROIT CHICARGO & Johnny's home land CANADA, & I believe that some of the changes in label are due to this fact alone, GREAT RECORD :ohmy: DAVE K

Hi Dave, i didn't realise it was that big in CHICARRGO.... great tune mate! :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Often wondered if the "Jomada" Johnny Daye and the "Blue Soul" Johnny Daye are the same person?

They sound different to me!  Anybody know?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

To me the Yellow labelled more common 

Then the White labelled with advanced dj on the label

the rarer one's to me are the White labels without advance dj on label & The Green labelled ones

Also noticed while diggin around that 2 demo copies with 2 different dates of release on them 

1st  written on date is 2/28/1966 & the 2nd date stamped 10 Jan 1967

I have the Green one & a White with no mention of DJ on it one Both with the ARP matrix stamp in the runout

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Had this 45 in mid to late 70's, i think it came from Soul bowl, mine was def a white label promo, wouldn't have been booted, no great demand at any time, surely ?

Your right there mate, they were 10-a-penny in the early 90's, a copy in most sales boxes, it's a steady away tune

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert