Soul Records To Us

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I send around 10-15 records a month back to the U.S. I always think it's quite ironic to be sending 'em back to where I found them in the first place. I sometimes wonder why people are buying some of the titles that I would have thought would be relatively easy to pick up over there. It could just be that it's easier then spending time going to any existing record shops or fairs etc......

Ian D :D

Social source share

The current exchange rate between the US and UK is trending in the wrong direction for the US. I've bought 1 45 from the UK in 5 months and it's probably going to be 5 months until the next one.

yes, there are still plenty of records in US if you want to make the effort - I'm thinking that for many of the US buyers they don't have access to many record stores and record shows that sell good records, and most every store looks up stuff on the internet and prices them accordingly, so many common records are available cheaper as imports where they meet the real market value compared to the typical price guide geek who marks everything up (since they have to play the 'I've got to make money to keep the store open' line). I get people telling me stuff like Edwin Starr - Running Back and Forth is a rare record, I guess to them it is, easy for me to pretend it's still 1987 when I found 20 of them.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert