Pricing For Reissues And Second Issues

Mal C

Seems prices have gone up on allot of stuff recently, I'm being quoted silly amounts by some folk on here. They own these tracks so you ask what you want for it, I respect that, but I'm not going to pay more than a tenner for most 2nd issues.

In the past Mel Britt was the one which fetched £20 and above, what do folk think, and is there anyway we can get some sort of pricing guide for this? Pls dont mention John Manship, people should in my opinion simply ignore anything to do with his prices, because they are too inflated.

You can say Its a sellers or buyers market, but what do folk think?

Malcolm

Social source share

its no different to any other situation with pricing of records or anything for that matter. supply and demand.

was shocked when i saw someone posted a copy of the patterson twins re issue for 50 quid on here the other day, done some research and found that some had in fact already been sold for that, put mine up for 40 quid and it sold in an instant. 40 was cheap maybe. 

Social source share

fair enough to waste £50 on a bootleg/reissue of a tune that would cost a fortune on orig! but when the bootleg fetches more money than the original,then that's a joke!

ive seen a few boots sell for more money than say vg copy of the original....beggars belief.

but in answer to the question...scrap metal/or plastic value if you like....a fiver maybe for any of em !....sorry if I sound like a snob!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

ive seen a few boots sell for more money than say vg copy of the original....beggars belief.

but thats just stupid people and you can never legislate for those in life.

ive seen people bid over 250 dollars on a vg copy of a tune on a moerer ebay auction when he has m- copies for 100 usd of the same tune in his ebay shop. fathom that. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

I just give my boots and reissues away .............. why sell them its passing the music on. a few on here have had some from me

Social source share

The moses smith is a bit like the beige porgy and the monarchs reissue , If you play one side of the unissued track it that is acceptable and good to show people you are playing newly released undiscovered tunes  , should you flip it over then expect to be tarred and feathered and cast adrift into the baggies and badges classic oldies nights forever

Social source share

The moses smith is a bit like the beige porgy and the monarchs reissue , If you play one side of the unissued track it that is acceptable and good to show people you are playing newly released undiscovered tunes  , should you flip it over then expect to be tarred and feathered and cast adrift into the baggies and badges classic oldies nights forever

Except the "Girl Across The Street" was also an unissued version, with a very slightly different vocal take, so that means both sides were new releaes.

Social source share

So how can you tell the re-issue from the 'bootleg' re-issue?

I did hear something about it, but forgot what it was now...

Well the cheap boots are all over ebay with a low starting price for a start.

They have different numbers as well, can't remember off the top of my head but theres a thread or two about it should be easy to find

Edited by Steve L
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!