1. 1. Voices Of East Harlem v BBC1 One show

• 1972 -Voices Of East Harlem - Sing Sing Prision 1972
    • 2014 - BBC1 The One Show

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

That'll be that well informed curmudgeon then...

i know what that means now, i looked it up after seeing it get used the other day

I thought is was some sort of club but know better now

soul source 2014 -  education and fun chat   :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I rarely spend 15 mins on here without learning something. :thumbsup:

Did you know that those spiders with hair on them are mammals, and thus produce delicious (and unusually cold) milk. Spiders produce milk using the same glands that they produce silk threads with.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Did you know that those spiders with hair on them are mammals, and thus produce delicious (and unusually cold) milk. Spiders produce milk using the same glands that they produce silk threads with.

Well that's very interesting. How do they know it's delicious - unless they've bred a massive hairy spider? I guess that figures with the theory that in evolutionary terms, lactating fluid is thought to have developed in order to keep eggs moist.

For me however, the learning thing is more frequently around the amounts by how much people consistently over-value their records...

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Think we should do a NAME AND SHAME on the 4 members that have voted for the One Show............... :D

Well one was me, just taking the p**s :)

Social source share

Guest Byrney

The thing is I wonder if the scene who inspired the look and feel of the one show would even pay a seconds attention to that legendary VOEH clip. There's another clip from this film as well where they do a rendition of young gifted and black.

Must say as well the lead vocal, have you seen the soul dripping from her as she performs. Amazing.

Social source share

Well that's very interesting. How do they know it's delicious - unless they've bred a massive hairy spider? I guess that figures with the theory that in evolutionary terms, lactating fluid is thought to have developed in order to keep eggs moist.

For me however, the learning thing is more frequently around the amounts by how much people consistently over-value their records...

I can just imagine the scene as you fix the 'daddy there's no milk for our Frosties' problem by producing some massive hairy spider and then squeezing its spooge all over the kiddies' cereal.  

Social source share

The thing is I wonder if the scene who inspired the look and feel of the one show would even pay a seconds attention to that legendary VOEH clip. There's another clip from this film as well where they do a rendition of young gifted and black.

Must say as well the lead vocal, have you seen the soul dripping from her as she performs. Amazing.

its not just 40 years that separate a to b is it?

you could argue that its use nowadays is some sort of hijacking or even worse 

right on indeed

Social source share

Guest Byrney

its not just 40 years that separate a to b is it?

you could argue that its use nowadays is some sort of hijacking or even worse 

right on indeed

Sorry Mike might be my Sunday head but I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the hijacking of the term Northern Spul by the recent nostalgia scene? If so I completely agree.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert