If You Had The Chance To Be In A Recording Studio/ What Record

think it would actually be bob marley-jah live..recorded after haile sellasie died..timothy white describes it so well in 'catch a fire' that religious or not would have been one very special moment..especially as ive been in that very small studio so everyone would have been on the same buzz :wicked:

soul wise..maybe Williams and Watson-too late..great tune and they sound like they were having fun

Social source share

After reading this i just had to listen to the tune once more(always loved it) if that was an ad -lib then f´´k me backwards  what a record......i remember the first time the vocal was played and was blown away then! still am now fantastic sound(real northern)

Steve

I haven't heard that expression in a long time…. made me chuckle  :huh: Sorry off topic….

Better chuck one in … Al Wiiliams - i Am Nothing :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Mrs M

The Casanova Two's "We Got To Keep On" just the witness the intensity of one of the greatest male duets ever put to plastic....

Ian D :D

Absolutely Mr Dewhirst... 45rpm perfection x

Social source share

Imagine Van McCoy leading the session on "Your'e Gonna Make Me Love You" ?

Brass section "ready"

String Section "ready"

Vibes               "ready"

Kendra (Sandi) "ready"

OK take one on three

one two three......... 

Social source share

Imagine Van McCoy leading the session on "Your'e Gonna Make Me Love You" ?

Brass section "ready"

String Section "ready"

Vibes               "ready"

Kendra (Sandi) "ready"

OK take one on three

one two three......... 

... and the rhythm man was Home Alone, wondering if his drum sticks were on a plane to New York. :)

Social source share

It would have to be when Ruby and the Romantics recorded We can make it. Simply stunning . Also sitting in on any Brenda Holloway recording. One of the most gorgeous,  beautiful females that ever set foot in a recording studio..and as a bonus God she can sing. Even had the pleasure to meet and speak to her. Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Eddie Parker - I'm Gone - without a shadow of a doubt!

Joan,

You would have been jumping!  The track alone cooks, but for me is was Eddie, laying down that vocal.  Eddie gyrates when he sings.  He was all over the place.  :facepalm: You had to mike the whole room.  However, my personal favorite is Love You Baby.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

It would have to be when Ruby and the Romantics recorded We can make it. Simply stunning . Also sitting in on any Brenda Holloway recording. One of the most gorgeous,  beautiful females that ever set foot in a recording studio..and as a bonus God she can sing. Even had the pleasure to meet and speak to her. Steve

Saw Brenda Holloway at Cala Gran, superb performance, down to earth, and what a babe, I could'nt believe she was making records in the 60s.Rod :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

The Crow - Autumn of Tomorrow...

seriously though, Frankie and Johnny - I'll Hold You, because it all sounds so sincere and you can feel the chemistry in that duet.

Frankie & Johnny - I'll Hold You ...

seriously though, The Crow - Your Autumn of Tomorrow, because it all sounds so gutsy, energetic and black

:D

Social source share

post-29510-0-01006300-1397918584_thumb.jpost-29510-0-95856500-1397918629_thumb.j

Jackie W and LaVern B - Think Twice, to witness the version X out-take 

Please can some help turn photos

Jackie W and LaVern B - Think Twice, to witness the version X out-take 

Really got down to the real nitty gritty, bet it was a great fun in studio. Rod

Edited by Rodders22
Social source share

Guest eulalie

The way Lavern hollers 'there ain't another c*nt like me' is just wonderful I think.  Possibly the earliest instance of the move to reclaim the word by women?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!