Oops! Manys The Slip Twixt The Vinyl And Stanley Knife

Had a couple of records arrive this morning. I always use a Stanley knife to fight my way through the tape, plastic and card. Anyway, I was a little over zealous this morning and cut through the tape, plastic and card - and all the way through the vinyl! Cut clear through from the run in groove to the label.

Sorry Edwin.

Slasher

:(

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Had a couple of records arrive this morning. I always use a Stanley knife to fight my way through the tape, plastic and card. Anyway, I was a little over zealous this morning and cut through the tape, plastic and card - and all the way through the vinyl! Cut clear through from the run in groove to the label.

Sorry Edwin.

Slasher

Get a grown up to do it next time Peter :wicked:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Sorry Edwin.

Slasher

A measley "Sorry Edwin" on Soul Source ... not good enough mate

Get yer running shorts on and jog a couple of miles up to Wilford Hill Cem and say sorry to him properly, like a man

That's if ya can still breathe by the time ya get there   :D

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Dave Turner, on 28 Mar 2014 - 8:26 PM, said:

A measley "Sorry Edwin" on Soul Source ... not good enough mate

Get yer running shorts on and jog a couple of miles up to Wilford Hill Cem and say sorry to him properly, like a man

That's if ya can still breathe by the time ya get there   :D

Yep, you're right Dave. :(

It's a long way up to Wilford Hill for a fat lad! I think I've said before that Edwin is not far away from my mum in the cemetery. He sings to her all the time. God bless them both.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ever done any biggies Smiffy?

:huh:

Sort of, I sold a copy of Joanne Courcey to Max and said I'd take it over there, so to avoid breaking it putting it on my car seat, I decided to put it in a mailer, pushed it in and put my thumb right through it.  He didn't even notice the crack and was going to give me the £500 I was asking, but I showed it him and he paid £200.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pete S, on 28 Mar 2014 - 9:26 PM, said:

Sort of, I sold a copy of Joanne Courcey to Max and said I'd take it over there, so to avoid breaking it putting it on my car seat, I decided to put it in a mailer, pushed it in and put my thumb right through it.  He didn't even notice the crack and was going to give me the £500 I was asking, but I showed it him and he paid £200.

:ohmy:

Its a good job it was you selling it and not one of the dodgy feckers out there - Max could have been well out of pocket.

I remember walking home from an all niter in Notts in the 90's. I was crossing Lady Bay Bridge over the River Trent with a Harold Melvin Prayin in my hand. For some unbeknown reason I did a really animated flick of my wrist - I was left holding an empty cardboard sleeve as the 45 Frisbeed at some speed over the side of the bridge straight into the Trent. Funny that. :dash2:  :lol: LOL

It's a good job I don't buy big ticket stuff.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Its a good job it was you selling it and not one of the dodgy feckers out there - Max could have been well out of pocket.

I remember walking home from an all niter in Notts in the 90's. I was crossing Lady Bay Bridge over the River Trent with a Harold Melvin Prayin in my hand. For some unbeknown reason I did a really animated flick of my wrist - I was left holding an empty cardboard sleeve as the 45 Frisbeed at some speed over the side of the bridge straight into the Trent. Funny that. :dash2:  :lol: LOL

Peter

Peter

To echo Stu........no biggie it was only a 70t's.........surprised the fishes didn't throw it back :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

:lol:

I did blow quite a few up though Bearsy! As I'm sure you can vouch for.

Ironside

:thumbup:

We could start a thread of tunes with titles and artists relating to Ironsides adventures   :lol:

Honey and the bees - dynamite exploded  :wicked:

Social source share

Bearsy, on 28 Mar 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

We could start a thread of tunes with titles and artists relating to Ironsides adventures   :lol:

Honey and the bees - dynamite exploded  :wicked:

:thumbup:

I really do have previous for record neglect - all of my stuff should be on Record Protection Plans.

:huh:

:D

Social source share

Managed to glue a 45 that I'd tracked down after years of looking to the record sleeve as it was coming apart at the seams. Still got the tune but totally unplayable thanks to a large blob of superglue across the vinyl. Teach me not to leave record in sleeve when doing a bit of DIY

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Peter

That's one of the funniest things I've heard in don't know how long. In fact, I just snorted into my wine glass. Sorry... But at the same time, thank you for sharing!  :lol:

Edited by Russell Gilbert
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Martin. It's a good job it wasn't me and it was the river Mersey in Widnes I was crossing. It would have melted the record. Steve

:lol: :lol:..........ahhh Widnes the last place I spent a night in cells,after an altercation at the rugby  :wicked: 

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Left a 12" of Uptown Festival on the parcel  shelf of my dad's car. The sun warped it like a b****d. I used my mum's iron to flatten it out. Thoughtfully I sandwiched a yellow duster between the iron and the vinyl. Ended up with a very furry yellow disc - still warped. Could have been worse - could have been good (sorry Ian).

Edited by SoulStu
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert