Pretenders - I Wanna Be - Carnival

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Kev John is correct never put out as white demo,first release were in red and white and later all red,btw the red/whites is a lot harder to get than a lot of this great labels releases

Hi Gilly

Yes the Red & White 548 is the 1 i've got  with Sweet Potato Gravy on the  :rofl: side late 6ts released 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Those red one, I always thought they were pressings because they only seemed to appear in 1976 - I wonder if they were a legit custom press for the Northern scene?

Perhaps label owner Joe Evans simply just kept recycling existing tracks on subsequent releases to save money on recording new tracks to use as flip sides.

This extract from the Carnival list of releases (from Dave Rimmer's site)  indicates that I Wanna Be, Hearts Were Made To Love, Just You Wait & See, What Is Love and Sweet Potato Gravy were all used more than once ...

Carnival 548 - I Wanna Be (Your Everything)* / Sweet Potato Gravy (Instrumental)

Carnival 550 - I Call It Love / Feelin' Good*- 1970 *Flip By The Carnival Kings.  

Carnival 552 - I Wanna Be  / Hearts Were Made To Love - 1970 

Carnival 554 - What Is Love / Sweet Potato Gravy (Instrumental)* - 1971 *Flip By Maurice Simon & The Pie Men.

Carnival 556 - Hearts Were Made To Love / For The Rest Of My Days — 1972

Carnival 557 - I'm The One Love Forgot / What Is Love - 1973  

Carnival 558 - Just You Wait And See / I'm The One That Love Forgot — 1974

Carnival 559 - Just Be Yourself / Just You Wait And See — 1974

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!