Ruby On Token

Have you considered Ruby Sherry on Take 6? Superior flip namely Please Don't Go AND it's on vinyl rather than tinny styrene. Not sure of current value but seldom seen for offer and mystifyingly rated worth less than Ruby...

It's an awful; recording though, no bass at all

Social source share

Feminine Ingenuity and Deceived on one disc...up there with The Cashmeres on Hem as great Nothern double siders.

But which is best?

Feminine Ingenuity for me - always has been :thumbsup: 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

But which is best?

Feminine Ingenuity for me - always has been :thumbsup: 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

I like both sides, but Deceived edges it for me. I love her vocal on that side.

Social source share

I have a copy on take 7. Is there that big difference in recording with the token issue?

How much would you rate the take 7 issue?

Andrea

There's not a great deal of bass on the Gold Token release but there's even less on Take 6, very basic recording.  You do get Please Don't Go, which is beautiful, but not as good as Deceived.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There's not a great deal of bass on the Gold Token release but there's even less on Take 6, very basic recording.  You do get Please Don't Go, which is beautiful, but not as good as Deceived.

I heard my copy tonight and tried to compare with those on you tube and I didn't spot this great difference.... but maybe if I'll ever have the chance to hear a token copy played live I would....

I prefer Decived too

Social source share

600? after all those copies turned up, I would've thought it would be a struggle at 600, 350 maybe.

Don't think there were that many in fairness...and they were all the same press, as let us not forget it was pressed twice on Gold Token...check the dead wax and label layout and play spot the difference.

The "find" was hitting UK shores at the same as all those Tony Hester Karate WDs and Charades MGM demos (both titles), around 2001-ish, as I recall.

Social source share

Thirded!

Remember the wonderful Driveller review for it in Shades Of Soul...Nick did have a wonderful way with words!

Yeah that was where I first heard of it - possibly one of the best record reviews ever, you didn't actually have to hear the record, the review told you everything.

Social source share

600? after all those copies turned up, I would've thought it would be a struggle at 600, 350 maybe.

Listed it twice for Andy D at 400 no takers.  Sat in his box which went everywhere for some time.  Finally sold it at Radcliffe.  Not long after it went on an auction I think for 600 or so.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!