Candi Bars-I Believe In You-Candi Stix

Kev John

How many of the Yellow Labelled 1s on vinyl  turned up 2 years ago ?

Labels are the right way round not like the multi coloured styrene 1s which the labels are reversed

My silver (multi ?) is vinyl as all the others I've seen. My silver label is the right way around if some others were not. Still silver copies 3 X time less common than the yellow release. Do they sound the same though ? I never had a yellow to check if the mix was different anyway. 

Social source share

My silver (multi ?) is vinyl as all the others I've seen. My silver label is the right way around if some others were not. Still silver copies 3 X time less common than the yellow release. Do they sound the same though ? I never had a yellow to check if the mix was different anyway. 

Tiscapitol

The multi 1s i'm on about are the silver copies JM as 1 on his site  also Soul Sam had 1

in his sales box last year & it was styrene with stick on label

kev 

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Tiscapitol

The multi 1s i'm on about are the silver copies JM as 1 on his site  also Soul Sam had 1

in his sales box last year & it was styrene with stick on label

kev 

OK, I do believe that but I have never seen one from close nor far. Now that copy on Gule is news to me. Looking different than the cute Candy Stix ones. post-19710-0-33500400-1395518069.png It has that typical Texas label look. But maybe it's not Texas. Still I want one.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK, I do believe that but I have never seen one from close nor far. Now that copy on Gule is news to me. Looking different than the cute Candy Stix ones. attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2014-03-22 à 20.50.39.png It has that typical Texas label look. But maybe it's not Texas. Still I want one.

JM has this on his for 200 quid M- Gule release    :thumbsup:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

I doubt anyone knows except those who had them?  They are unlikely to spill the beans in case they have more to move on.

Hi Chalky

Dave told me they came from the group but never disclosed the amount he or someone else brought into the UK

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

i'm pretty sure gule was a tax scam 45 label which is bizarre, there were tons of LP tax scam labels but it wasn't worth it to do for 45s. There's at least half a dozen records on the label. The candi-bars on gule is basically an '80s tax scam bootleg, but it's stupid rare since i assume most of the records were destroyed.

Social source share

i'm pretty sure gule was a tax scam 45 label which is bizarre, there were tons of LP tax scam labels but it wasn't worth it to do for 45s. There's at least half a dozen records on the label. The candi-bars on gule is basically an '80s tax scam bootleg, but it's stupid rare since i assume most of the records were destroyed.

Sounds right to me.

Edited by NCFC
Social source share

I'm with Bob on this as I've spoken with all the Candi-Bars members and not one of them knew of the Gule release, after all it is their own recording and publishing so if it was ligit one of them would have known.

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!