Happy Part 325

Steve G

I must be the only person in the world that cannot hear Velvet Hammer in Pharrell Williams. To me they are two seperate records....is it time for an ear syringe?

Steve, they are 2 separate records. Pharrell Williams was released on 7'inch vinyl for the UK 'soul audience' and so carried Velvet Hammer on the flip.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I must be the only person in the world that cannot hear Velvet Hammer in Pharrell Williams. To me they are two seperate records....is it time for an ear syringe?

Only connection is Happy in both titles. A girl made a YouTube dancing to this and phareell heard about it and the rest is history.  Pharell is soundtrack for a film and the other we know has been around for a long time.  To me they sound nothing like each over so no need for a syringe yet Steve ....

Social source share

Only connection is Happy in both titles. A girl made a YouTube dancing to this and phareell heard about it and the rest is history.  Pharell is soundtrack for a film and the other we know has been around for a long time.  To me they sound nothing like each over so no need for a syringe yet Steve ....

more like

phareell  made a 24 hr video website for his 'happy' -  24hrs  as in the site was made up of 24 hrs worth of 7 min videos of someone walking/dancing down the streets of la through out a 24hr day

the youtube video featured a similar shot for the first 30 seconds playing pharells "happy" with similar graphics but set in Bristol then after 30 secs or so  pharells "happy" faded into velvet hammers "happy"

someone passed on video to pharellel and he tweeted about it which then led to the increased exposure

easiest way to explain it is to see the original website videos and then the youtube one

Social source share

It was international "Happiness" day yesterday - all the videos made in different towns/citys around the world with the Pharrell record as the soundtrack are on Youtube. Pretty good some of them too. 

Edited by MrC
Social source share

What about the line, every night in my room I can smell her sweet perfume and it makes me happy, that is in both songs.

Social source share

Can't believe I'm bloody doing this but:

"Happy"

[Verse 1:]
It might seem crazy what I’m about to say
Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break
I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way

[Hook:]
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

[Verse 2:]
Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don’t waste your time
Here’s why

[Hook]

Hey, come on

[bridge:]
(happy)
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
I said (let me tell you now)
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
I said

[Hook 2x]

Hey, come on

(happy)
Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down… my level's too high…
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)

[Hook 2x]

Come on

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

more like

phareell  made a 24 hr video website for his 'happy' -  24hrs  as in the site was made up of 24 hrs worth of 7 min videos of someone walking/dancing down the streets of la through out a 24hr day

the youtube video featured a similar shot for the first 30 seconds playing pharells "happy" with similar graphics but set in Bristol then after 30 secs or so  pharells "happy" faded into velvet hammers "happy"

someone passed on video to pharellel and he tweeted about it which then led to the increased exposure

easiest way to explain it is to see the original website videos and then the youtube one

Yep thats more accurate Mike but as I've never watched either I'm only going on what I've been kind of hearing and reading :-) 

Still don't like either that much lol

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Can't believe I'm bloody doing this but:

"Happy"

[Verse 1:]

It might seem crazy what I’m about to say

Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break

I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space

With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way

[Hook:]

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you know what happiness is to you

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

[Verse 2:]

Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,

Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold back, yeah,

Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,

No offense to you, don’t waste your time

Here’s why

[Hook]

Hey, come on

[bridge:]

(happy)

Bring me down

My level's too high

Bring me down

I said (let me tell you now)

Bring me down

My level's too high

Bring me down

I said

[Hook 2x]

Hey, come on

(happy)

Bring me down… my level's too high…

Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)

[Hook 2x]

Come on

You seriously do need to get out more Godz  :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

What about the line, every night in my room I can smell her sweet perfume and it makes me happy, that is in both songs.

Paddy you and Godz need to meet up for a few beers sometime soon  :lol:

Social source share

You seriously do need to get out more Godz  :lol:

Look I'm trying to proper stuff with the German soul 45 thread and input into the Melvin Bliss debate in sales. It's unfortunate that more of the site members prefer to comment on this pop song. From now on I promise I'll keep my trap shut every time some deaf-luggs reckons they're musically related :facepalm:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

They have nothing in common except a title and the fact that apparently someone put them together on a Youtube video!!

So, I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with your hearing Steve!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Steve G, on 21 Mar 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

I agree Steve. Although I have to admit to not knowing who the fcuk Pharrell Williams is. I've only ever seen his name on here. I presume he's some sort of X factor knobulike.

Peter

:huh:

Social source share

It was international "Happiness" day yesterday - all the videos made in different towns/citys around the world with the Pharrell record as the soundtrack are on Youtube. Pretty good some of them too. 

I was gobsmacked to see my daughter featured in one of them - from Seoul ( Ultrabox - hip hop club ) It's extremely good - but I'm biased.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!