The Tiger Dolls / Tiger Doll Show / The Enquires - German Release?

Godzilla

I thought I'd posted in the past about this 45 but I can't find anything so here goes.

I picked up this record some years ago. Both sides are kind of swinging 60s soul pop with a European feel. Reminds me of Doris (Svennson)  from Sweden a bit. They certainly look like a bunch of groovers!

Funny How love Grows Cold is of course a cover of the Betty Wright song. On the record the act is billed as The Tiger Dolls and The Enquires while the pic sleeve refers to them as The Tiger Doll Show. There's no indication as to the record label so it's possible that they were a show band and the 45 was sold or given away at their gigs. They were managed by the Bachmann Agency in Mannheim, but the little info I've been able to find online suggest that the record is more likely to turn up in The US  - or North Yorkshire in my case. It's autographed on the back too!

Just wondered if Soul Source members, particularly the German ones can shed on more light on this odd release?

Thanks

post-1918-0-96619100-1395319005_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Definately a German release, all the text on the label points in that direction.  I've had 2 copies of the record for around 5 years, neither with the sleeve, and both were bought from the USA.  I don't know why the record would show up there at all but I've since seen few others.  I too would be interested to know a little more about this 45, the band and how come the record reached across the pond.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Never seen or heard of it before but it's definitely german. Can't play the vid at work. is it any good? Drop me a line if you ever think about selling. Would be a nice addition to my KrautsPress collection.

Yeah I know it's German Benji - like I said, in addition to the script on the label, the agents details are on the rear of the sleeve complete with address in Mannheim. Whether it's any good is subjective for sure but I like both sides. I'm not planning to sell it to be honest, but if I ever changed my mind I'd give you a shout.

The fact you haven't seen it before seems to support the idea that it's generally found elsewhere, which is a bit of a puzzle.

Social source share

Never seen or heard of it before but it's definitely german. Can't play the vid at work. is it any good? Drop me a line if you ever think about selling. Would be a nice addition to my KrautsPress collection.

Now back home I was able to play the YT vid. Ok'ish record. But nothing special IMHO. Definitely obscure tho. Looks like a private press thing.

Social source share

• 9 years later...
On 20/03/2014 at 08:43, Godzilla said:

I thought I'd posted in the past about this 45 but I can't find anything so here goes.

I picked up this record some years ago. Both sides are kind of swinging 60s soul pop with a European feel. Reminds me of Doris (Svennson)  from Sweden a bit. They certainly look like a bunch of groovers!

Funny How love Grows Cold is of course a cover of the Betty Wright song. On the record the act is billed as The Tiger Dolls and The Enquires while the pic sleeve refers to them as The Tiger Doll Show. There's no indication as to the record label so it's possible that they were a show band and the 45 was sold or given away at their gigs. They were managed by the Bachmann Agency in Mannheim, but the little info I've been able to find online suggest that the record is more likely to turn up in The US  - or North Yorkshire in my case. It's autographed on the back too!

Just wondered if Soul Source members, particularly the German ones can shed on more light on this odd release?

Thanks

post-1918-0-96619100-1395319005_thumb.jp

This band was well known in Germany in the late 1960s.

I was in the US ARMY @ Tomokins barracks in June 1969 till April 1970. The Tiger Dolls did many shows at your EM CLUB on Base. I have their Autographed photo from 69

Social source share

The Tiger Dolls Band was well known in Germany In the late 1960s. I was in the US Army at Tompkins Barracks from around May 1969 till April 1970. The Tiger Dolls did several shows at your EM CLUB across the street from our main gate entrance. I have their Autographed Photo from 1969

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert