Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Production yes......right out of Wall of Sound, but everything else..........god it`s just awful!.......and yes, typical norther soul. 

Social source share

Only way to ge the flipside on 45 might be reason for the finishing price?

Or buy on US for about a fiver.........................

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Soul-45-AL-WILSON-When-You-Love-Youre-Loved-Too-Who-Could-Be-Lovin-/271946494870?hash=item3f51463396

Comedy or tragedy?

My guess it's some who read that The Snake is a top NS sound and that NS records are rare and worth a lot of money, put 2 and 2 together and bid £250+ for a 25 quid record.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Now this is an absolute bargain......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Northern-Soul-Promotional-CD-Goldmine-Soul-Supply-/261987144063?hash=item3cffa6917f:huh:

Fpr a CD!!!!!!!!!!! Every track can be purchased on a Double-CD for under a fiver at your local Asda or Tesco!!!!!!!

I asked him why he thought it was worth that kind of money:

"No, I do not mind you asking the question; "What makes me think that anyone would pay £600 for a CD?"
The answer to your question is, that CD'S, especially rare ones, sell for a lot more than £600, there is certain CD'S which have sold for £10,000. Some sell from £2000 upwards, and the more rare, the more they will pay for them.
I hope I have answered your question, and should you want to know more about valuation, you could always do a google search on rare CD's, and valuations, and you will be surprised at how much certain cd's are. It is just like records, there is one record vinyl that sold recently for £1,000000 that is right, one million pounds, it was the Beatles of course, the white album, but it is not just Beatles albums that fetch big money. There are some that fetch thousands of pounds. It is knowing what to look for.
Kind regards,
Samiya"

Deluded or what……….

BTW I've got one of these if anyone wants to make me an offer...:huh::huh:

Social source share

Seen yet another overpriced copy of Stanky by Billie Davis, this time a mere £250. ?

I would pay double that to have every last copy of the utter tripe shredded!!

Social source share

I asked him why he thought it was worth that kind of money:

"No, I do not mind you asking the question; "What makes me think that anyone would pay £600 for a CD?"
The answer to your question is, that CD'S, especially rare ones, sell for a lot more than £600, there is certain CD'S which have sold for £10,000. Some sell from £2000 upwards, and the more rare, the more they will pay for them.
I hope I have answered your question, and should you want to know more about valuation, you could always do a google search on rare CD's, and valuations, and you will be surprised at how much certain cd's are. It is just like records, there is one record vinyl that sold recently for £1,000000 that is right, one million pounds, it was the Beatles of course, the white album, but it is not just Beatles albums that fetch big money. There are some that fetch thousands of pounds. It is knowing what to look for.
Kind regards,
Samiya"

Deluded or what……….

BTW I've got one of these if anyone wants to make me an offer...:huh::huh:

Could this be the most expensive selling CD that has ever sold on E-Bay. One has yet to see.
Happy Bids

Wow....no bids!!!!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

What flipped is that Benji ? Al wilson comedy sale of the day right ?

Flip of UK Liberty release is "Who could be loving you", excellent beat ballad. Only way to get this on 45 (LP-only rest of world). I only found out when I sold my UK Liberty after I got it on german :(

Edit: I just saw Chris' post. Didn't know that. Sorry!

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Look at what they were going for a year or two ago !! :ohmy:

Stanky.jpg

Give it another 12-months and it'll be back to that sort of price again. Don't think you could call it a classic? and will be forgotten about once the d.j's see the light of day (hopefully)?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I remember knocking one of these back because the kid wanted £30 for it & I'd just missed out on one on Roger Banks list for £20 & thought he wanted too much for it...........still a two figure record.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!