Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

He's got a bid of £60.00 for this !!!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/record-seven-inch-45-northern-soul-/301450230571?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&hash=item462fd57b2b

had trouble selling my minter for £35.00 :ohmy:

"record seven inch 45 northern soul" 

Look at the category  it`s listed in.........John Manship or David Bailey he aint. :lol:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I am the seller of THIS comedy sale of the day.

I sold a record on Discogs, the order came in on Christmas Eve at about 8pm, so I sent out an invoice then prepared to shut down for the holiday.

Yesterday I got an email from the guy asking where his record was.  He is in the United States!

Could have asked Santa to drop it off for you

• Helpful 1
Social source share

https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111560480524

A certain UK dealer seems to always have a habit of hoovering up very fairly graded records from well known US dealers, then listing them back on eBay at buy it now set rate prices with massively exaggerated gradings.

I have noticed this on many occasions, but this last one is the straw that broke the camels back a record originally graded vg- or possibly even G+ with discoloured labels, a couple of months ago by US seller has suddenly and miraculously become Ex....... This record is beautiful philosophy by the way, for those who can't open the link, and for the record I didn't bid because the condition was shabby.

Same person did it with a copy of Gino Washington I lost you girl on perfecta a few years ago, then inflated the condition and relisted it at 6 times the amount, fixed price.

Whilst I understand people need to make a living and I'm certainly not mithering about that, I think this is just deceitful - is this Dick Turpin masquerading as a record dealer? Do they think they can get away without people realising their tactics?

Well, news flash, some people scour eBay from top to bottom so it won't slip through the net!

The very brass neck just really winds me up, and it's not so much comedy as just plain ridiculous...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111560480524

A certain UK dealer seems to always have a habit of hoovering up very fairly graded records from well known US dealers, then listing them back on eBay at buy it now set rate prices with massively exaggerated gradings.

I have noticed this on many occasions, but this last one is the straw that broke the camels back a record originally graded vg- or possibly even G+ with discoloured labels, a couple of months ago by US seller has suddenly and miraculously become Ex....... This record is beautiful philosophy by the way, for those who can't open the link, and for the record I didn't bid because the condition was shabby.

Same person did it with a copy of Gino Washington I lost you girl on perfecta a few years ago, then inflated the condition and relisted it at 6 times the amount, fixed price.

Whilst I understand people need to make a living and I'm certainly not mithering about that, I think this is just deceitful - is this Dick Turpin masquerading as a record dealer? Do they think they can get away without people realising their tactics?

Well, news flash, some people scour eBay from top to bottom so it won't slip through the net!

The very brass neck just really winds me up, and it's not so much comedy as just plain ridiculous...

I was shocked when I saw the seller.

Not.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Genuine reason for sale?????..........always puzzled me that comment, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Better still it says..  "must go to a good home"... :g:

Now call me a cynic but I reckon if you offered him 6 times the going rate and told him you always "wiped your backside on a record after playing it"  you'd still get it! :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Is the Del-Larks not the early 70s boot?........or has it been repro`d all over again?

Looking at it and the buy it now option makes me think he has more, think it is a new pressing.

how are you by the way? long time and no PC problems  :lol:

Social source share

Looking at it and the buy it now option makes me think he has more, think it is a new pressing.

how are you by the way? long time and no PC problems  :lol:

Hey i`m good Tony thanx.....hope the same with you!.......keep that PC clean :thumbsup:

Social source share

First boot 1976, pale blue, second boot 1977 or 78, dark blue and white, this boot pictured on the thread above, spanking new 2015 boot

You would think after going to the trouble of a re-boot they would get the label right :rofl:

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.u...sd=201245750450 this collection could make you a millionaire del boy

well its got footsy in it

That is proper taking the piss.

Until you see this

Have you seen the "customer review" ?

THis is a great record with fine tracks but about £980 overpriced

Social source share

you got to have this in your collection a must                                                                                                                               https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Poets-/161549858289?pt=UK_Records&hash=item259d1f35f1

Brings a whole new meaning to "mint condition"!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!