Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

A copy of Ken Boothe's Everything I Own - a record which got to number one and is so common that giving it away for free is almost overcharging - not only does this seller have the worst copy on the planet, but he also wants £14 for it :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ken-Boothe-Everything-I-Own-Trojan-7-ORIG-/200823036066?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2ec1fc58a2#ht_500wt_1180

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A copy of Ken Boothe's Everything I Own - a record which got to number one and is so common that giving it away for free is almost overcharging - not only does this seller have the worst copy on the planet, but he also wants £14 for it :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.u...2#ht_500wt_1180

There's been loads of records like this appearing recently - I think it's a new fad. We've had distressed leather and denim - we now have distressed vinyl.

:D

Social source share

I want to pre-empt any nominations in this second by explaining why my pressings on ebay are so expensive: I wanted to list them at the same price as I did on my list, as an auction, and then add £5 on for a buy it now option, but when you start it at £30 you have to make your buy it now price 40% higher than the auction start price, which is making some of my prices look a bit high (for me).

Still, after reading the post above, I'm still too cheap!

Social source share

I want to pre-empt any nominations in this second by explaining why my pressings on ebay are so expensive: I wanted to list them at the same price as I did on my list, as an auction, and then add £5 on for a buy it now option, but when you start it at £30 you have to make your buy it now price 40% higher than the auction start price, which is making some of my prices look a bit high (for me).

Shocking Mr Smith! Thats your cred gone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Social source share

that 40% rule is a pain in the arse :dash2:

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.u...2#ht_500wt_1180

I've had a few decent records from that place in France mate but I agree, most of their records are overpriced and battered - they try charging a fiver for stuff that's Fair or Poor even. I don't understand their pricing logic at all.

Social source share

I don't understand ? Sorry

see petes post I quoted he expalined it.

if you want to put a buy it now price it has to be 40% higher than your start price which either makes your buy it now price too high or your start price to low.

unless you don't mind the risk of something selling cheaper than you want.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

can't believe no bids on this cos its UBER rare...apparently :rofl:

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item46095d79f3

Apparently so, but I'm more curious about this. I know sellers are responsible for everything that goes wrong with anything anywhere

but how can they hassle you if buyers can't be assed to tick the boxes !?! I mean what are you supposed to do?

NOTE!!! If you win this item PLEASE fill in the DSR's when leaving feedback!! I am having MAJOR trouble with ebay as the DSR's and not being filled in by buyers. PLEASE HELP me!! Cheers!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!