Flourecent Smogg Current Value?

Ncfc

Hi Chris.

Off the top of my head, about the same it would cost to buy the Canaries strike force at the moment.

Hope you are well and stay up this season mate.

Regards

Micky

Given up on that count Micky should of sacked Mr Boring months ago.Got my daughters footie as back up. :wink:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pretty sure the last known copy went for £4,500  - not showing on Popsike however.

If you own a copy lucky you - remember when Soul Sam purchased this from John Anderson for the princely sum of £5  - Not sure how many he had in stock circa 1981 / 2 ish but would hazard a guess less than a handful. :yes:

Gary Smelt turned up a few copies back in the late 80s :wink:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Gary Smelt turned up a few copies back in the late 80s :wink:

It was £100 when Gary listed it……..Still have the list somewhere. F.Smogg and Mark IV[45] were both at £100 ……..Anyone wanna lend me a time machine ?

Social source share

It was £100 when Gary listed it……..Still have the list somewhere. F.Smogg and Mark IV[45] were both at £100 ……..Anyone wanna lend me a time machine ?

Gary listed it but were already sold to me,Dearlove and Nigel Parker(he told me he had 3),He also had a tape of an unreleased lp by them.What happened to him?last time i spoke was at a footie match between us and Sheff Utd.

I sold my copy to a mate but later got Nigels copy.

Didn't know he had mark iv Rob Wigley was the man for that :)

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hello Chris..... That was touch then mate ! Gary S used to list a lot of great stuff back then, particularly just when he started dealing. The prices were cheap even then. I was told he became ill and had to stop the record business.... Nice bloke from memory.....

Social source share

We need to get Columbo onto the trail of this 45. It's definitely got a mysterious history, from the stories of john anderson leaving loads in a barn in mid USA somewhere and not being able to find the place again years later. Who knows, may be there are still a couple of boxes just waiting to be unearthed or may be they were used as frisbee 'clay pigeon' target practice for the yokels in the area.

Social source share

We need to get Columbo onto the trail of this 45. It's definitely got a mysterious history, from the stories of john anderson leaving loads in a barn in mid USA somewhere and not being able to find the place again years later. Who knows, may be there are still a couple of boxes just waiting to be unearthed or may be they were used as frisbee 'clay pigeon' target practice for the yokels in the area.

Hi Jordi, first copy of F.Smogg to Sam c 1985…..Targets for shooting practice - that was Tommy Ridgeley on International City…..(true)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi Jordi, first copy of F.Smogg to Sam c 1985…..Targets for shooting practice - that was Tommy Ridgeley on International City…..(true)

It's what i would have done as a youth if i'd got an air rifle and a box of unwanted 45's, after I'd shot the cock pits out of the airfix model planes of course.

Social source share

Hope he is ok?Remember help loading his car with LPs at soul bowl ready for Expansion Records to open in Manchester.

He used to Knock about with a guy called Alan Millington is he still about?

Edited by NCFC
Social source share

Steve G, on 16 Feb 2014 - 2:33 PM, said:Steve G, on 16 Feb 2014 - 2:33 PM, said:

Played at Rock City in the 80s Peter 100…..

You beat me to it Steve! I was just about to ask where it was played as I cannot remember hearing it back then - it was a long time ago, and I did frequent Rock City/The Palais. It's funny, I had it down as one of those records that wouldn't have gone down well back then - a bit too progressive if you know what I mean. Our memories often play tricks with us - well mine does clearly.

I think its a stunning track.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

You beat me to it Steve! I was just about to ask where it was played as I cannot remember hearing it back then - it was a long time ago, and I did frequent Rock City/The Palais. It's funny, I had it down as one of those records that wouldn't have gone down well back then - a bit too progressive if you know what I mean. Our memories often play tricks with us - well mine does clearly.

I think its a stunning track.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Yes it was avante grade,,,,,,have told this story before but was at kings Lynn with Sam when he bought it…..John used to give us each a pile to play through…..and I used too get a pile of cheaper stuff on the whole, since I didn't have as much money….anyway when Martin played it and decided to buy it, I thought "what???? why????" I didn't get it……Then it took me over 20 years to get a copy,…  :(

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes it was avante grade,,,,,,have told this story before but was at kings Lynn with Sam when he bought it…..John used to give us each a pile to play through…..and I used too get a pile of cheaper stuff on the whole, since I didn't have as much money….anyway when Martin played it and decided to buy it, I thought "what???? why????" I didn't get it……Then it took me over 20 years to get a copy,…  :(

Mr Barnyfather isn't as deaf as everyone reckons!

:lol:

LOL

Social source share

Bet Sams pile had those green record sleeves and your pile was in plain white sleeves :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi, the green sleeves first appeared in the mid - late 90s I think….We got the same coffee and meal though :-) 

Sams box was full of them at Rock City,as was G.Ellis's.

I turned down Bobby Rich at a £100 as it sounded to southern,think John only had the 2 copies.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!