Girl Dance Records

Guest Dave Ward

Guest Dave Ward

I'm hopefully not being sexist here, I have two sisters who can't half put a shift in on a dance floor, but some records are definitely 'girlie'. Circle Skirts, ankle socks, bop around footwork and a toss of the pony-tail. Plus those girl groups from the sixties, pointing their fingers at the camera, accusing men of all sorts of sins! Here's three I'd sit out just to be a 'girl watcher' ! 

Sugar-pie Desanto - Soulful Dress.

Jeanette Harper - Pick me up and put me in your pocket.

The Sherries - Put your loving arms around me.

Edited by Dave Ward
Social source share

• Replies 47
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Soultown andy

paula parfitt   love is wonderful and peggy march  definitely of the girly persuasion.

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

I thought this thread might have brought up some surprises, from the ladies. But out of 21 responses, only one from the distaff side, so far. I'll get me Crombie.

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

I had to google that :g: .......learnt a new word tonight  :D

Hey up Sal, that's because tha's a Bowton lass....c'mon give us a couple o'tunes from t'VA VA !

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Jumping at the Go Go - Detroit Sound - Wyncote.

I'm gonna pick up my toys (and go home). - Devonnes - Colossus

Florence Devore - Kiss me now, don't kiss me later - PhiDan.

Going to stop now, before I have to sit down for a pee.

Social source share

Right!

This is a great thread - now we need some real input from the lasses.

One of the great things about the soul scene is that it's neither laddish nor girlie - If it's soulful and emotional then it's relevant!

I've just been listening to some Marvelettes and Mary Wells, who are OFF THE SCALE! We blokes love tuneful, soulful, female vocalists.

Surely the ladies appreciate the tougher stuff, gritty male singers, exciting, dynamic soul tracks.

Come on girls - give us some stuff you secretly love!

Just downed a bottle of wine so I'm a bit more outspoken than usual! (hic).

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

some gooduns....but a lot of pop records

how about proper girl dancer BIG DANNY behind the decks opening up with THE BOBETTES..HAVING FUN or tuther side ....

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Shalimars     stop take alook at your self,   sounds like a girlie dance to it,opposed to "blokish dance to it, record to me? not a big fan off it .Zoot suit hits it on the money with what he said the threads about,suppose a few comments slightly off topic then Paul,me I am more than just now and again well of me topic(with reminders given)coat please) not this time though .Shalimars imagine it to be a record girls would dance to, therefore a "girly choon"Mind you a lot of girls I have known and know really like to dance to uptempo ripping non girlie type sounding choons whether sung by male or females and good on them.Know a lot of folk like the shalimars."I dont".

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert