Worst Blind Buy Or Recommendation?

Looking through a sales box at Wilton one night my mate nudged me as flicked through the records so I went back a couple of tunes but didn't recognise the artist or title but he went on to tell me it was a biggie for Arthur or Sam when we used to go to Highwayman's Halt,Snaith.Bought it as I loved the stuff played there..............played it when I got home,what a load of shite :lol: ...........Chuck Strong-You Beat Me At My Game Like A Lady Virtue........terrible record............safe to say he's no longer a mate :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

I think you mean Venture!!   :facepalm: .............Martin go get the missus you can't be let out on yer own!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol::thumbsup:  

Social source share

I think you mean Venture!!   :facepalm: .............Martin go get the missus you can't be let out on yer own!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol::thumbsup:  

John

See I've tried to blank it out that much I've forgotten what it was on,I got rid of it straight away...........I think I swapped it for kick in b*llocks & got the better of the deal :lol: :P

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - workplace filters
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

John

See I've tried to blank it out that much I've forgotten what it was on,I got rid of it straight away...........I think I swapped it for kick in b*llocks & got the better of the deal :lol: :P

Cheers

Martyn

I see!!  :g: Leave the swelling Doc but please take away the pain!! :(  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - workplace filters
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Looking for Too Much Of A Good Thing by The Ambassadors when I was a lad.

Didn't know who it was by. Bought Too Much Of A Good Thing By Karen Young on Soul Fox. jeeesus.

Still got it - played it once. Might get it out and break it over my knee just for the laugh.

Social source share

What's the worst (inyo) blind buy or recommendation you've ended up with?

Mine, buy a country mile is' Ill be your woman till I die' by Vivian Reed.

A terrible note for note dirge clone of the horrific Gary Puckett ' hit'.

Awfully yours, Jim.

Reuben and The Chains 'Hey Girl, LAST WEEK !!!!!, thinking it were cover of an Ebay item I didn't get.

Its a poxy, and lousy to boot, Country & Western track on Peacock.....WHEN did Peacock do County & Western. It is GENUINELY a shite record !!!!

Yes it was purchased blind, and the kicker.....£17.00 inc P&P.

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

did buy the other version of william cummings on bang bang....lovely bang bang w/d  for £4..til i got it home and played it.......sold it for £5..£1 profit yaaay ya mug...oh and jim webbs version of i need you....stroll on .....and dont get me started on geoffrey meteliko....................so i dont buy blind or follow recomendations ..lol

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

bought loads of turkeys  blind i messed up on. :ohmy: ..i got some weird musical  tastes ............but the first was  bought at the torch...a uk issue with no label, an instrumental  version of " love love love "......oh my it was crap. :yes:  mike samm singers i reckon,............kept it years trying to convince myself it was good..then in the bin it finally  went........if the culprit who sold it me is on here let me know your identity  .just be amused to know who it was all those years ago.. :D .....ez

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Looking through a sales box at Wilton one night my mate nudged me as flicked through the records so I went back a couple of tunes but didn't recognise the artist or title but he went on to tell me it was a biggie for Arthur or Sam when we used to go to Highwayman's Halt,Snaith.Bought it as I loved the stuff played there..............played it when I got home,what a load of shite :lol: ...........Chuck Strong-You Beat Me At My Game Like A Lady Virtue........terrible record............safe to say he's no longer a mate :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Your mates obviously got better taste than you old boy.......

See you in Cleggy row A for a shout off over whether its a good record or not!

Social source share

Sitting here smugly thinking I had a pretty good record for picking up blind buys as used to do it all time, but a Ken Mathews record on Olde World seems to come back as horrible and possibly a John Wesley thing on ABC?

Need to dig them out from the unloved pile as managed to sell quite a few for 3 figures out that pile over last few years. Crossover classics the pile is now called....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

TIM TAM AND THE TURN ONS....PALMER

Oh God - bought that one as well 'cos the label looked good 'Palmer' Wow! Stunned silence as I played it for the first time. Got a massive ribbing from my rock loving big brother who was in the room at the time. Crock of shite...think I'll break that one over my knee too.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Don,t know about buying tunes blind......heard hundreds of sets over the years....which made me think the dj,s had bought their tunes DEAF

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

H.B Barnum - Ska Drums - Imperial Records :(  The artist, the title, the label..... seemed to have everything going for it. Brought blind only to wish that I'd become deaf. It really is that bad!!

What made matters worse, is that after, I remembered that someone else I knew had brought it blind and was disgusted with themselves too. *Should pay more attention*!!!

Social source share

H.B Barnum - Ska Drums - Imperial Records :(  The artist, the title, the label..... seemed to have everything going for it. Brought blind only to wish that I'd become deaf. It really is that bad!!

What made matters worse, is that after, I remembered that someone else I knew had brought it blind and was disgusted with themselves too. *Should pay more attention*!!!

Just seen this, saw this track offered on a US dealer list the other week and thought, YES !!!, Mr Barnum....had a listen...what can U say, unadulterated rubbish :yes:

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Just seen this, saw this track offered on a US dealer list the other week and thought, YES !!!, Mr Barnum....had a listen...what can U say, unadulterated rubbish :yes:

I'm gonna offer it up for sale on the Hassle Free Group, without a sound file..... "In-demand Ska n' B floorfiller from the great H.B Barnum"

Titty Shaker..... more like head shaker!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!