Top 5 Martha & Vandellas ?

Sceneman

We all like different stuff don't we - be boring if we didn't. But, I have to say I can't stand this record - takes me back to the local disco when I was 15/16 and the DJ would say and now for some northern soul and play this. Then he would probably play another "northern soul" record such as this:

https://youtu.be/MWY77AQnZ68

I hate them both.

:yes:

:D

Peter

But you can't hate this.... 

Social source share

We all like different stuff don't we - be boring if we didn't. But, I have to say I can't stand this record - takes me back to the local disco when I was 15/16 and the DJ would say and now for some northern soul and play this. Then he would probably play another "northern soul" record such as this:

I hate them both.

Peter

peter it was northern soul , it just hadn't been invented back then  :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Top for me by an absolute mile is the live "Motortown Revue" version of "Come & Get these Memories"

Over the years it keeps coming and going from You Tube. But it's there now so catch it while you can.

I love every single second of this performance. Martha's cheeky smile. The way her voice goes a bit raspy. The sassy attitude. The whole choreography. The 60's outfits and high heels. The hand on the hip. The teddy bear "over the shoulder". Choker and the gang grooving away in the background.

"Would you tell him what to do with them.

Give them to your new love . . . . . . . . ."

I'm on Cloud Nine :D

https://youtu.be/6uYINIxRvHs

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

I'll Follow You

Happiness Is Guaranteed

Nobody'll Care 

What Am I Going To Do Without Your Love?

Tell Me I'll Never Be Alone

Love Um All :thumbsup:

Social source share

I hate them both.

Peter

ok thats fine with me :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Y'all need to check out  "Spellbound 1962-1972 "  Lost and Found CD

.Some great tracks from the vaults, unissued at the time..........

Martha & Vandellas classic tracks.

Social source share

loved "my baby loves me" ever since I heard it when I bought "the motown story" as a youth

Patti & the Lovelites is the version I want now though...........blinding that mate :thumbsup:  

Mr. Blue , what about this version for your perusal  :wink:

STOVALL SISTERS - YES TO THE LORD - REPRISE

:thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

I paid around the same some years back, then sold my issue to a lad that had not heard it before for £15.  insert smiley (not working for some reason) LOL.

Only just realised I had the Issue a few minutes back when I was looking through my Motown stuff , never mind must play them more !!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Another nice track imho

MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS - I GOTTA LET YOU GO

B side of UK TMG762 Forget me not. Remember getting this played out in a local Luton pub( Chiefy should remember, he was there :yes:), no one believed who it was. The pub concerned Had Forget me not in the Juke box in main bar, B side HAD NEVER BEEN PLAYED, it got worn out after that.

No disrespect Sceneman, you want to hear REALLY GOOD tunes in London???? get yourself to the 100 Club nighters !!!!

Edited by ZootSuit
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

i did go there quite a few times over the years and recall going in there blocked in the early years as it was across the road from The Last Chance Saloon ,so it got visited in the small hours  ,when i popped out from the Scene ...

How old are you dude positively ancient I woulod think as The Scene closed around about 1965, and, with respect I suppose you would consider Third Finger a floor filler at your age, anything faster would be a killer :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

Mr. Blue , what about this version for your perusal  :wink:

STOVALL SISTERS - YES TO THE LORD - REPRISE

very nice in deed Mr Swifty.............that's another version that I knew nothing about..........learn something new on here everyday.

(hope you don't end up on the wagon 'cos of the Fulham game by the way  :lol:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!