Songs That Really Pull At Your Heart Strings . . .

Guest MBarrett

Guest Dave Turner

A couple from Johnny Dean on Magic 7 (Memphis)

Don't Disconnect My Heart

Sitting Around My Table  ... this is the longer 12" but also came out as a 7" Pt1/Pt2

Social source share

• Replies 555
  • Views 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

That'll be me then. That did absolutely zero for me, again I think it's because of when it was made, I just don't like this sort of soul music.  

No offence Pete, I meant soul music in general   :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest BENSON BOY

Cant believe this has not featured yet

THE VILLAGE SOUL CHOIR -- TALK TO ME SOMETIMES

Pulls every emotional string there is,outstanding piece of soul.

Social source share

Yes Dave, knew the record, somebody put it on a tape years ago. lost the track list, I didn,t know it was the Manhattans, here's another on Deluxe, this time though, the late and great George Smith on lead

Kev

I've been off loading stuff recently as my records are  just sitting there loved but unplayed, got a copy of this if anyone wants it for free, contact me if interested, it's the If My Heart could speak track

Edited by Twoshoes
Social source share

One record that turn me into a jibbering wreck every time i hear it- Broken Hearted-Barbara Hall on Tusker. This record absolutely kills me.

HERE IT IS :

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Bumping up this thread with a bit more of Linda Jones

Get down on yer knees and worship

Don't Go (I Can't Bear To Be Alone)

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

A couple from the great Otis Clay

Tired Of Falling In (And Out Of) Love

I Lost Someone .... originally unissued One-Derful

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Stunner Dave, new to me, marvellous record, marvellous artist

Kev

Sorry Kev, I added a track to the post after you posted mate. The unissued I Lost Someone is gorgeous as well mate

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Believe it or not there is a very good UK version of this on CBS by Midlands group Zuider Zee.

Pete

Heaven knows why that name stuck in my mind. But 2 weeks on I have just read an article in the Black Country Bugle about Midland group the Redcaps - and it mentions Zuider Zee.

From Albrighton it seems. It says they started as a skiffle group called Red Rebel which became the Tremors. Andy Maclachlan, the bass player of the Tremors was the boss of Domino Sound Studio at number 16, High Street, Albrighton. The Tremors morphed into Zuider Zee in 1965.

Quite likely you knew that stuff - but thought I would share it. Unfortunately no sign of Zuider Zee on You Tube.

MB

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

has no one metioned anything by the independents yet. Just as long as you need me. its all over . and leaving me. 3 stunning pieces of top quality "soul". Chuck jackson great writer and producer.

Well I posted Maurice Jackson (post # 59) ... will that do  :)

Lovely group, "Couldn't Hear Nobody Say" is perhaps my fave

Social source share

Guest oldsoulgit

Wow, loads of fantastic tracks, I wish I could put some on here but I have not got a clue how to do it !!

Here's a couple that get to me..  Sam Dees - After All     Linda Jones - Ooh Baby You Move Me. Just Brill.

Cheers Jim.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

From the same albun

Two absolutely gorgeous tracks Kev. What a great group these guys were and as far as the general soul world totally under the radar.

Social source share

Guest oldsoulgit

A couple more that get to me, Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come, so emotional,   Linda Jones - I'm Taking Back My Love ,I love everything by this lady.

Cheers Jim.

Social source share

A couple more that get to me, Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come, so emotional,   Linda Jones - I'm Taking Back My Love ,I love everything by this lady.

Cheers Jim.

Sam Cooke, one of the best records of all time Jim, almost everything by Linda Jones is brilliant

Kev

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I don't know, perhaps this may not be for most but for me an absolute killer

Jackie Wilson "Who Am I" from his Whispers album

Social source share

kev cane, on 19 Mar 2014 - 9:29 PM, said:

Can honestly say, this is one of my all time favourite records, and the best thing he did, which is saying something

Cicero Blake-Sad Feeling

Awesome I am done in after the strings at the start

Kev

That Kev is stunning. New to me and I've just bagged one.

Spent way over my very limited budget this month! :facepalm:

Pedro

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That Kev is stunning. New to me and I've just bagged one.

Spent way over my very limited budget this month! :facepalm:

Pedro

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well done that man, thats why this is the best thread on here, the rare boys won't give it a second glance, but  like you say Pete, there has been some awesome records posted on here, made my night that someone has heard that MASTERPIECE and rushed out and got one :hatsoff2: Great stuff

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Can honestly say, this is one of my all time favourite records, and the best thing he did, which is saying something

Cicero Blake-Sad Feeling

Awesome I am done in after the strings at the start

Kev

There was a shop in Middlesbrough Kev back in the 70's had dozens of these on Renee - 10p !!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Alan Fearnly's Mike ?

Kev

No - it was Bob's 'adult' book shop on Borough road -  was one of those places that got a consignment of US imports - 000's of Verve, MGM, Capitol stuff  got a load of Bobby Bland Duke's , Little Milton's on checker, Elmore James and Tommy Yates (Tate) 'Something's Got To Give'!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There was a shop in Middlesbrough Kev back in the 70's had dozens of these on Renee - 10p !!!!

Hello Mike, let's "pop in" and buy a spare copy.

In fact, if they're still only 10p each I might buy two or three copies so I can give them out as presents to all of my friends.  In fact, I might even get four copies ...no, I think three will probably be enough.

:(

P.S.  I remember the shop well but I still can't picture exactly where it was, even though it's not far from where I live today.

Social source share

No - it was Bob's 'adult' book shop on Borough road -  was one of those places that got a consignment of US imports - 000's of Verve, MGM, Capitol stuff  got a load of Bobby Bland Duke's , Little Milton's on checker, Elmore James and Tommy Yates (Tate) 'Something's Got To Give'!!

Mike, I assumed you were referring to Pop-In or whatever it was called.

But, then again, I probably didn't hang out in adult book stores quite as often as you did.

:hypocrite:

P.S.  Just out of interest, is Bob's adult book store still there ???

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert