Do You Feel Sorry For Northern Soul Collectors Starting Out

Wiganer1

Might have been on the East Coast and at Blackpool but where it mattered it barely got a look in, only person I ever heard play it was John Manship doing a guest spot at Wolves Civic in 1976 and we all went - what, is that it?

It was tried at that other venue,but didn't catch on.Too many blue eyed tunes being played.? :lol:

Social source share

With all the easy ways of finding out about records, what they are worth, how many copies there are etc, who on earth bids in online auctions and pays 10 times more for a record than if they'd bought it off here - and why?

A couple of factors....

Some folk are impatient, and some have money to burn

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's very difficult for the genuine dedicated lifelong collector than the new collectors and your official record dealers who have websites and run a business out of it. Eg the likes of me, bought mostly cheap, semi unknowns over 20 years ago, those records are now finally in demand (which is wonderful to see recognition finally)but I made the hard decision to sell up due to cash flow but also cos my wants list is out my reach now. PROBLEM for me is deciding on a fair price so I do financially benefit but also so I remain true to myself and sell for what I deem to be a decent price instead of silly money. Respect and honour should be a key factor too.

I just hope all my treasured gems are purchased by people who don't just flash the cash and still put the hard work into their love of finding records.

I'm happy to say I married one of those die hards. *Why didn't anyone tell me he is no millionaire just rich in knowledge lol

Social source share

I think it's very difficult for the genuine dedicated lifelong collector than the new collectors and your official record dealers who have websites and run a business out of it. Eg the likes of me, bought mostly cheap, semi unknowns over 20 years ago, those records are now finally in demand (which is wonderful to see recognition finally)but I made the hard decision to sell up due to cash flow but also cos my wants list is out my reach now. PROBLEM for me is deciding on a fair price so I do financially benefit but also so I remain true to myself and sell for what I deem to be a decent price instead of silly money. Respect and honour should be a key factor too.

I just hope all my treasured gems are purchased by people who don't just flash the cash and still put the hard work into their love of finding records.

I'm happy to say I married one of those die hards. *Why didn't anyone tell me he is no millionaire just rich in knowledge lol

Dave is indeed rich in knowledge and respect and his love for this music knows no boundaries.

Steve

Social source share

Dave is indeed rich in knowledge and respect and his love for this music knows no boundaries.

Steve

I shall pass that compliment on immediately, thank you. He sends his regards xx Edited by Mrs M
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!