Bits N Pieces Boot Or Not

Mickjay33

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

I've always understood the silver text were pressed from the same plates as the coloured 1st issue and were genuine re-issues ordered by Soul Bowl to fill demand at the time.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I've always understood the silver text were pressed from the same plates as the coloured 1st issue and were genuine re-issues ordered by Soul Bowl to fill demand at the time.

Hey up Dave , I had a 'Smokestream' on the Black & Silver Nasco and it had a BBC radio library sticker on it , you could well be right mate but still not an original as the seller states.

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes and just think if the label had been repressed with the colours, that reissue would have indistinguishable from the original first press!!!

How many represses were ordered from the label owners, because of demand on the Northern scene, that were excactly the same as the first press?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Yes and just think if the label had been repressed with the colours, that reissue would have indistinguishable from the original first press!!!

How many represses were ordered from the label owners, because of demand on the Northern scene, that were excactly the same as the first press?

The thing is that records like Bits N Pieces that were played out within say a year of the records release were not necessarily rare records. In a lot of cases label owners would have had them in stock. Global bought in 600-800 or so "coloured label" of both Bits N Pieces and Brothers, Sisters & Cousins whilst it was being played at the Mecca. With stock to get rid of they would only need to re-press when the original stock had been sold.

Social source share

One of my favourite female lead vocals and one that I never tire of hearing and playing, plus the male backing singers giving it some!

Incidentally who was the female lead? ....anybody

Bits 'n' Pieces features a male lead surely? Incredible vocals though.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Despite an informed response here, it's not good to see the "great and the good" still chanting "Boot" from the rooftops...... :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert