Blenders / City Council Ltd - When You Git Through With It Put It

Guest malayka

Guest malayka

Hi Malayka

Is there anything on the sleeve notes of Kebs compilation? I suspect that you've already checked that.

Peter

:wink:

hey pete,

i don't have his comps...

m.

Social source share

I believe Walter Grady - who was keen on pulling a few underhand tricks - 'reissued' this a couple of years after The Blenders issue came out, renaming the group so that either it would look like a new release and get airplay or so the band wouldn't know (and I guess they'd want paying if they found out ) You could postulate that If Grady had paid all studio/pressing costs without reaping much back, he maybe felt he owned the music to do with what he wished.

I had some strange dealing with him in the early 2000s - peculiar guy, seemed a bit shaky. Speaking to Roy Roberts recently he fondly recalled that everyone in the Carolinas wanted to kill him!

More info on the Blenders here

https://www.carolinasoul.org/site/index.php/site/comments/note_to_funk_fans_the_blenders_soul_hustlers/

Edited by Jason S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest malayka

I believe Walter Grady - who was keen on pulling a few underhand tricks - 'reissued' this a couple of years after The Blenders issue came out, renaming the group so that either it would look like a new release and get airplay or so the band wouldn't know (and I guess they'd want paying if they found out ) You could postulate that If Grady had paid all studio/pressing costs without reaping much back, he maybe felt he owned the music to do with what he wished.

I had some strange dealing with him in the early 2000s - peculiar guy, seemed a bit shaky. Speaking to Roy Roberts recently he fondly recalled that everyone in the Carolinas wanted to kill him!

More info on the Blenders herehttps://www.carolinasoul.org/site/index.php/site/comments/note_to_funk_fans_the_blenders_soul_hustlers/

your theory sounds pretty logical and not uncommon....thanks!

Edited by malayka
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!