Bobby Thurston, Tony Fox Albums. Going Rate Please

Guest Barty
Go to solution Solved by Guest Barty,

HI

Had these for years would like to know the going rate, to sell on.

Bobby Thurston- Sweetest Piece of the Pie - Mainline Records  Vinyl EX + Sleeve EX

Tony Fox - The Beginning- Blaster Records  Vinyl EX+ Sleeve EX+

Regards

Barty

Social source share

A Tony Fox appeared on Discogs yesterday for £89 and I would think it was original based on seller (Lee Jeffries), It had dissapeared by this morning before I could press buy!

According to Discogs the most paid for one on there is £120, although there is one for £199 and one for £300 on there for sale.

And of course it has been recently reissued, which I assume based on comments is not legit, as a complete look a like.

There have always been copies around but its been a keeper, and until recently had held its price, it seems to be dropping now. I would pay £100 crisp new notes for one, I would sell it now before £89 is the going rate! However I would think you might get a little more on an open auction.

Bobby Thurston on other hand I would say is very rare, very rarely see it, so wouldn't like to give a price. And to think I had two at one point, one without a cover as it was still covered up when my mate had bought it!

However Bobby Thurston is pretty crap, but as I am feeling incredibly generous I would probably take it off you, as an amazing show of humanity and generousity, for the same £100. I think you again might just get a smidgen more on open auction.

You have some very tasty LP's young man, I would start looking up Porches/Pensions depending on your age. :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• Solution

Thanks all 

Good guide from the info above seems fair so Ill go Tony Fox £200 Bobby Thurston £250. 

Cheers

Barty

Social source share

2 of my favourite tracks BOTH STOLEN off me 3 years ago ! Would love to replace them.

I found the Bobby Thurston in Washington DC  mint sealed $8.00 along with7 others

and Tony Foxx in Atlantic City for £3.00..4 Copies

Somethings really Piss you off !

Rob  

Yep, both cracking records Rob. I'm not sure that they come any better than Tony Fox.

Obviously sorry about the theft.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!