Signed Eddie Parker - Love You Baby

Guest Tim North

Guest Tim North
I was hoping someone might be able to help me….

I have a copy of "Love You Baby" by Eddie Parker on Ashford it is also signed and dated by Eddie as photo below , however , there is no "Archer" stamp in run out although has other markings. I know this has been booted a few times and the genuine version has this stamp. But the record feels right and the label feels right and not like a boot. I read on some forum that maybe some genuine 1st issues came through without this stamp? Can anyone e shed any light on this or put me in touch with someone who would know. I wouldn't normally give so much attention to this but as its signed its just that bit more important to clarify I feel

Thanks Tim

post-26711-0-75309600-1390775386_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The record could have been taken to one of the UK venues for Eddie to sign.  He was in the UK doing a tour at that time with Lorraine Chandler.

This subject of the Eddie Parker on Ashford has been covered on Soulsource before.

Really the conclusion of it all was that the first issue Demo and original Stock copy, have a large ARCHER stamp that is the same size on both.

The record has been extremely popular on the Northern Soul scene and has been repressed, counterfeited and bootlegged over the years.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Tim North

The record could have been taken to one of the UK venues for Eddie to sign.  He was in the UK doing a tour at that time with Lorraine Chandler.

This subject of the Eddie Parker on Ashford has been covered on Soulsource before.

Really the conclusion of it all was that the first issue Demo and original Stock copy, have a large ARCHER stamp that is the same size on both.

The record has been extremely popular on the Northern Soul scene and has been repressed, counterfeited and bootlegged over the years.

Thanks for the info mate much appreciated …. Im thinking its a boot that someone has got him to sign … looked it up and he was doing an all-nighter at Stafford with Lorraine Chandler 2 days after the record was signed …. Shame record feels right but everyone mentioning this stamp detail .. oh well nice bit of nostalgia perhaps 

Social source share

Hi,

I bought the boot/reissue with the staggered archer stamp in the 70's and still have it.

Last year, there was an issue for sale on eBay from a seller of mixed styles of music who didn't post outside the USA. Boba (member on this site) kindly bid for me and posted the record over. It doesn't have the archer stamp, but I know what you mean about "feeling" kind of right!. The vinyl on the run in is nice and smooth but the archer stamped boot/reissue has a slight dimpled/uneven look.

Last years copy has a bit of writing on it (a date) and a felt pen "X". I know this can be added to make things look "real" but the seller and person they got it from clearly had no interest in selling to the UK.

I'm happy to accept that it as another re-issue but would not be suprised either way.

All the best.

Social source share

If I remember correctly it was about in 1971? And was being played at non soul disco's, so it must have been re pressed way back then. Therefore those re issues would have been knocking about Stateside for a long time. I've had a few issues over the years, and none of them had the proper raised Archer stamp. So I would think the original is quite rare, even the issue.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert