Barbara St. Clair: Teacherman (Crosseyed Bear) * Sorted*

Csta

• 2 weeks later...

Craig got all his when he bought up the old Soul Bowl stock.....Soul bowl had imported tons of them back in the day when the nucleus of the group who made the record became Spyro Gyra and with a hit on their hands, had to jettison all their copies of this one. I've told it before but it's a great story.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Craig got all his when he bought up the old Soul Bowl stock.....Soul bowl had imported tons of them back in the day when the nucleus of the group who made the record became Spyro Gyra and with a hit on their hands, had to jettison all their copies of this one. I've told it before but it's a great story.

That's really interesting - it registers now - Cross Eyed Bear Productions was noted on their recordings

Must have been a strong conflict of interest within the group as to their musical direction - the music of Spyro Gyra is worlds away from the Teacherman tune

• Helpful 2
Social source share

That's really interesting - it registers now - Cross Eyed Bear Productions was noted on their recordings

Must have been a strong conflict of interest within the group as to their musical direction - the music of Spyro Gyra is worlds away from the Teacherman tune

Yes, there's a partial write up of Barbara St Clair on a Buffalo music website which I am sure is googleable, she of course was also in The Pinkooshins (Mercury) previously.....The article only mentions one of the band going into Spyro Gyra but I think it was more than one.....You can't really have a hit with RCA and also be plugging some other recording you've made (B St.C).....hence the jettisoning of the Barbara St Clair record.....and John A buying them all up....In fact B St.C may have been made after they signed to RCA, and be a moonlighting job now I come to think of it, but would need to check dates etc. since I don't know how long Spyro Gyra were on RCA before they had a hit....Steve

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 3
Social source share