Mayfield Singers - Don't Start None

Mal C

Think we all agree its Brilliant!!!

I remember it being played at the 100 club in the later 9ts.. I dont remember, but assume it was played of an acetate or dub by one of the jocks up there, then got a release on the Mayfield repro label, I know it never came out so its not a repro as such, but you know what I mean..

just dont remember how this came to prominence... Picture below to activate the part of the brain that registers to such things... :huh:

Malcolm

post-2025-0-86871000-1389707457_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

ahh crap, I wouldn't normally go near 'Outta Sight' 45,  just not my thing those kind of re issues how ever good they look, but I'd never heard 'My Baby Changes Like The Weather' so now I need it.... :facepalm:

anybody got one for a fiver?

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

which "My Baby Changes Like The Weather" is it on the outta sight ? is it Bobby Callender?

No, different song, it should actually be titled 'My Baby Doesn't Change Like The Weather' and it is by The Mayfield Singers, it is a superb piece of Northern Soul. 

EDIT: Look it up it is on you tube.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

I think Tony Rounce discovered this.

Yep Tony got it when he was working for Westside and going through the Roulette tapes. He gave it me to play at the 100 Club first and it went big. I think I gave a copy to Keb and or Butch. Another Northern Soul record company nefariously got hold of a copy of the music and issued it with a spurious license but by then the licensing situation of Mayfield was such a mess (as it still is) that they got away with it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert