You Always Hurt Me - Impressions

Grayman45

I remember this getting plays in the late 60's on UK HMV, it wouldn't have been very old at the time.

Can't say as it was ever popular enough to get booted or anything. As Jerry says, the record was pressed up at different plants in the USA, and both logos were used around that time.

You can still see both label styles on this records around today.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I remember this getting plays in the late 60's on UK HMV, it wouldn't have been very old at the time.

Can't say as it was ever popular enough to get booted or anything. As Jerry says, the record was pressed up at different plants in the USA, and both logos were used around that time.

You can still see both label styles on this records around today.

Thanks for  the replies chaps, any idea what sort of price one could sell it for?

Social source share

Bloody Great IMO!

I agree, one of the first records to make it into my collection and still love to hear it.

When I bought my ABC Stock Copy back then, Imports were just starting to make it to our shores.

My friend bought a copy from the same box and it was a different label variation.

Social source share

Great record that seems to be seriously undervalued. Picked up a very good UK HMV copy a few years ago for around a fiver.

Another version of this by The Exception was tipped in the 70s but seems to be forgotten now as a demo went through ebay at £4.99 with no takers . Maybe if a name DJ played it the value would rocket.

Rick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great record that seems to be seriously undervalued. Picked up a very good UK HMV copy a few years ago for around a fiver.

Another version of this by The Exception was tipped in the 70s but seems to be forgotten now as a demo went through ebay at £4.99 with no takers . Maybe if a name DJ played it the value would rocket.

Rick

Yes Rick, good blue-eyed version, I first heard it at the Cats, 1973, think it was Allan S playing it, got myself a demo and it's still in the collection :-) but for soulful content I'll dig out my UK issue of the Impressions!

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

Both versions brilliant. 

Rick

played the Exception version  quite a few times out and it always goes down brilliant. Loads of soulful energy for £4.99 to say the least :yes: . Both versions grt! 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!