Dave Porter - I Can’T See You When I Want To

Mal C

Dave Porter - I Can’t See You When I Want To / Stax

Great track and a big favorite mine, I want a copy, so from what I can see it came out on Enterprise (Stax) in the USA, and as the flip of Stax S-163 (Blue) and later as Stax 155 (That yellow series), dated 1970 that one.

Is there any difference in any of these releases music wise? the blue one looks like its worth a couple bob, I'm not interested in paying silly money for a variant colour or anything, as long as its the original, UK or USA, issue or Demo,  I'm happy..

anybody know?

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Blue Stax and the Enterprise releases are completely different. Blue has "Win you over" on the other side, quite rare too and was released about 5 years earlier. Enterprise album is longer than the 45 at six minutes plus, Stax 155 is the UK release and the same as the Enterprise 45. My pick would be the album mix.

Social source share

I have the Enterprise 45, which has "One part, two parts" on the flip side. I seem to recall first hearing this in the early 80's when Tim Brown guested on Richard Searling's (then) radio show in Sheffield.

I thought the 45 was good in it's own right at over 4 minutes and hadn't realised the album was longer still.  :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me even today!  :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Loved it for years. For anyone interested and who didn't know, it borrows the same melody as "I'll Be Sweeter Tomorrow" [O'Jays, Linda Jones]…….Oh Linda !

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Not wanting to deviate from the original subject of the thread but another rather tasty David Porter

When The Chips Are Down (Enterprise 9055)

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

David Porter in full on Northern mode. Has a listing on Enterprise 9037 but I can't find any other reference for the 45 except a release on Stax (Germany)

Also on the "Victim Of A Joke" LP

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!