Withdrawn

Lawman

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

That Richard gives pedants like myself a bad name !

However I assume it's "You're on top girl" by Empires so might be better to include that in the body of the ad rather than just Empires in title.

When I looked at it on the screen you can't see that when reading the ad.

ROD [Forum Moderator]

Social source share

That Richard gives pedants like myself a bad name !

However I assume it's "You're on top girl" by Empires so might be better to include that in the body of the ad rather than just Empires in title.

When I looked at it on the screen you can't see that when reading the ad.

ROD [Forum Moderator]

DONE thanks rod 

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Ok with heavy heart, I feel the people who participate on this forum need to know why I withdrew the record Empires- Your on Top Girl one sided acetate. Unknown to me this record was put up for sale in 2008 which was brought to everyone's attention by 'Chatty' with a link to that 'so called' sale at the time and that person is called Toby which many of you down South know well. He was told in no uncertain terms not to try and sell this and to get it off Soul Source as the person that sold him it told him it was a boot and he was out of order trying to sell this. He quickly withdrew the record. When I started reading the old thread it filled me with anger, and total shock and horror to think after my whole life collecting records here and all over America and believe it or not love collecting acetates which was my down fall how I did not spot the deception, I will never know but that is where my embarrassment   finishes right there. When I got a call out of the blue, that's when the alarm bells should have started ringing - why phone me???  After talking to many people and sending this record to my friend John Manship to verify this was a true boot.  We get back to the phone call.............

DAVE RIVERS was the man that phoned me , now I know some of you guys won't like how I have described this man but let me tell you now - I don't care two f****. I could think of worse I assure you as this man deceived me of £1000 pounds in the knowledge he took a record from his best mate in May 2008 and phoned me in the June to sell it to me. Spoke to both of them and Toby gave this record to Dave to sell and has still not been paid his share from Dave.  Deep in the knowledge that it was a boot, Dave phones me and I get truly mugged. Yes I know "fool and his money",  that still doesn't excuse what has went on here after speaking to Dave Rivers. I now know he has been truly found out his feeble excuse was he was selling it for a friend wow so thick, he was digging an even bigger hole for himself. Also that he would sell lots of records for people acting as a middle man for me that's cool but then the responsibility when selling that record on becomes yours when you are receiving the cheque. He deliberately went out to deceive in my eyes I am afraid all the evidence points his way, sadly I did give Dave the opportunity to fix this between us and I said that nothing else would be said on the matter so I said that he could give me my money back or records to the value but am afraid he has withdrawn into the hole that he came out off. one thing I think we all agree between us all, the unwritten rule is we do not knowingly try to rip each other off or shit on our own door step so to everyone that I got involved in buying this record for the second time please except my humble apology, the record now is going up in John Manship's new book. I am afraid for me I sadly have to revert back to my old trusted attitude, trust no one and do your home work. last word from Dave Rivers  quote "did I not give you the record then you paid me the £1000 pounds" - don't think so who posts out a record and says send me the money, no one I buy records from, this won't stop me buying records but I have learned one thing from all this, desperate people do desperate things, so I will choose wisely who I deal with.  finally all the information I have gathered, I now feel I have enough to go to the police if there is not a satisfactory out come from this sad episode.  thanks C

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion