That Yvonne Fair Record

Godzilla

Guest Bearsy

Certainly heard a lot worse tunes and fills the floor at many venues and I like it cos it at least has a pulse. Might dig my old copy out lol

Social source share

Certainly heard a lot worse tunes and fills the floor at many venues and I like it cos it at least has a pulse. Might dig my old copy out lol

I suppose there's no accounting for taste Bearsy. Even if you have none :lol:

Seriously though, if I was regularly hearing worse records than that when i went out, I'd have a think about changing the venues I patronise...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Walk Out The Door If You Wanna. I've seen it in sales a few times of late. Are people really playing it?

If the answer to this question is 'yes,' by the way, then we truly have run out of records haven't we...?

Personally I always quite liked it.

Kegsy

Social source share

You working on the theory that someone accidentally played the wrong side Benji?

Ha ha, nice one.

I was fearing that it might came out on 45 in Germany too. It would have been the worst addition to my german soul collection.

Phew, "it should have been me" came out with a different flip over here.

Social source share

Ha ha, nice one.

I was fearing that it might came out on 45 in Germany too. It would have been the worst addition to my german soul collection.

Phew, "it should have been me" came out with a different flip over here.

Close call - good job you don't live in France or Italy!

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I suppose there's no accounting for taste Bearsy. Even if you have none :lol:

Seriously though, if I was regularly hearing worse records than that when i went out, I'd have a think about changing the venues I patronise...

Oi I resemble that remark Godz lol

We all have tunes we like and some we don't that just don't make sense in all reality but hey diversity is my middle name :-)

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I think it is fair to say that it is a pile of steaming dog turd.

I'm surprised the pikey lad likes it. Isn't it a tad too funky for you Bearsy? :wicked:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Its a form of pikey funk meats sister funk in a uptempo Beat kind of northern stomper Peter lolol

Social source share

On a slightly more serious note, I'm genuinely relieved that I'm not that out of touch.

Equally however, I'm genuinely dismayed that anyone would be desperate/audacious enough to convince some clearly vulnerable members of our community that this is a record worthy of playing out.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

On a slightly more serious note, I'm genuinely relieved that I'm not that out of touch.

Equally however, I'm genuinely dismayed that anyone would be desperate/audacious enough to convince some clearly vulnerable members of our community that this is a record worthy of playing out.

And on that note I will get my coat Godz lol

Off to start a thread on how god damn awful that Pyramid tune is :-)

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

it,s a super tune in the right set......i,ve only heard it in quality sets,has a great beat......tune!!!......don,t touch that doorknob

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

it,s a super tune in the right set......i,ve only heard it in quality sets,has a great beat......tune!!!......don,t touch that doorknob

Yeah you tell them Terry :-)

Up yours you lot I knew I wouldn't be alone :-)

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

He's just teasing you.

Actually it's cheap a enough 45 to start buying copies and chucking them in landfill

I don't care it just made me feel good that my ear has not gone completely deaf lol

Social source share

It's a good 70's funky soul tune BUT I can see why NS-ers would hate it

Sweeping statement there.

I've bought more funk than NS by about 10 - 1 over the last ten years or so   - that's funk as opposed to 'Funky Northern' - and that Yvonne Fair wouldn't hit my radar as a "good funky soul tune".

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

trouble is  half you lot don,t go out   or you like that suvern london dreary garbage   like  eugene gasphard  or gangsta boy......i,ve always said records have to be played at the right place in the right type of set......l despair

Social source share

Guest john s

I'd never heard it before, just listened to the first 45 seconds.

If it were better known, it would be a hen party stalwart, I'd have thought.

Social source share

trouble is  half you lot don,t go out   or you like that suvern london dreary garbage   like  eugene gasphard  or gangsta boy......i,ve always said records have to be played at the right place in the right type of set......l despair

Me too mate. But for more aesthetic reasons than you :lol:

Social source share