Record Insurance?

Chatty

I have just bought a record from the US for just over a couple of hundred dollars on E Bay.

The seller had the postage down for 11 dollars first class. He has just e mailed me asking am i ok with first class?

So at what price should i be thinking of adding insurance to the record?.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Insurance is difficult for overseas postage, posted some records to Austraiia bout 13 years ago, insurance ok for uk and air mail but once in OZ it ends so if customs open package and knacker up parcel it's void so a waste of money, it's a case of hope for the best.

Edited by Ste S
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

I have just bought a record from the US for just over a couple of hundred dollars on E Bay.

The seller had the postage down for 11 dollars first class. He has just e mailed me asking am i ok with first class?

So at what price should i be thinking of adding insurance to the record?.

you will also get stung by customs as the full value will be declared for the insurance

if you have sorted this out via paypal, I personally would just get him to send it in the usual post.

But that's just me

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

If you pay via paypal (NOT GIFT) you are protected/insured, If it gets lost in the post down to the seller to prove delivery, if it's damaged you just return as item not as described, some sellers will insist on you paying for a tracked insured method, in this case it seems he's not bothered

Social source share

I just received a 45 from Illinois..... $4. but the postage was $12, that's why I seldom buy from the states

cos' the greedy US postal service increased their mailing 100%

Buy more than 1 record !!!!!, most US dealers, in my experience, will charge between 50 cents and a dollar for each extra disc.

ie Buy 2 discs and pay either $12.50 or $13 dollars P&P

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

Buy more than 1 record !!!!!, most US dealers, in my experience, will charge between 50 cents and a dollar for each extra disc.

ie Buy 2 discs and pay either $12.50 or $13 dollars P&P

Nice 1, thank-you, thing is though, most of what I want is over here

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert