Reduced 45S

Jason S

Handful of 45s all with prices drops - some good records here all with clips: give them a spin if you don't know them. You can see them on the website here

Also just got my last copies of two of the best 'reissue' (if you can call unreleased records reissues...) that I had last year: He3 Project - Make It Sweet and Howeefeel - People Of The World (now sold out at the label, Ltd to 300 copies and pretty much gone) Two previously unreleased 70s bangers! 

Email soulstacks@gmail.com or PM to grab anything.

70s Modern/Boogie/Disco

Eddie Giles - Sexy Lady (Custom Sound) M- £15 £10

Loud as hell record, rolling, uptempo dancer

Blue Notes  Standing By You Girl (Glades) M- £10 £8

Steal for the price! Another uptempo 70s Modern dancer.

Lang Cook and X-Y-Z Affair - Chocolate Stuff (Evolution) M- £35 £30

Stronger of the two issues, this slightly left field funky 70's Miami moment has legs...

James D Hall - I Wanna Get Into You (J.D.H) M- £250 £150

Not one of the recent (as in last 7/8? years) pressings of this record, this is a rare original issue - you can tell the two apart from the different paper quality, slightly different paper colour and the fuzzy text on the 2nd press as well as other details. There's a thread on the subject on

Northern/R&B

Bobby Boyd - Whatcha Gonna Do About It (Bang) EX £20 £10

Another steal, probably more classed as crossover, this is a faultless 130 seconds of music.

Lil & Rene - Keep  a Lite (Showerin' Down) (Reprise) M- £15 £12

Gospel meets powerhouse R&B, this is probably under appreciated - give it a spin.

Jimmy Moore - Crawlin' (Legrand) EX (wol)  £20 £15

From the 'Church Street Sally' guy this crops up probably a lot less than his SPQR outing.

Funk

Hot Earth Band - Hard Times (Rekan) M- £25 £20

Not sure where this is from but this somewhat forgotten mid-late 70s sounding funk cut could do well with a reactivation

Raw Image — Black Bourgeoise (Phil-La Of Soul) M- £50 £30

Still one of me favourties, reminds me of walking back home in the early morning light from Deep Funk with my minidisc player at full blast blissfully unaware of the London mayhem going on at that time of day. *smiles. Two good sides

Torques — Bumpin (Lemco) M- £50 £40
1965 killer instrumental from this busy Lexington, Kentucky imprint. Dominated by a parping sax and laced with hammond this a boogaloo/r&b dream. Monster.

Pat Hunt — Super Cool (Early Bird) VG £30 £25
A member of the 4 J’s and the Wooden Nickels (along with Brenda and Patrice Holloway) Ms Hunt struck out on her own with this late 60"²s(?) staple funk favourite, the kind of empowerment lyrics that the lasses liked to sing in those days: basically calling out dudes who think they’re all that. It only clocks in at just over 2 minutes but she gets the message across loud and clear. Graded at VG but this is a super loud press and the surface marks don't spoil the effect.

Not trashed or thrashed — a scuff brings this down a grade but it’s a firm player. Great King label rarity that only gained wider exposure over the last couple of years. Prices seem to wow and flutter but the quality remains firm.
Edited by Jason S
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source