Marvin Gaye On Ebay

Linda4me

Mint copy of "Love Starved Heart" on Tamla on Ebay what will it go for (not what it's worth?) i reckon £350+  :yes:

Do you have a link? 

Anyone know the legitimacy of this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/This-Loved-Starved-Heart-Of-Mine-Marvin-Gaye-SUPER-RARE-ORIGINAL-MINT-/151198334839?pt=UK_Records&hash=item23341f7f77

PS Scratch that - just seen earlier thread about USA 1994 release to promote Lost & Found CD.

Edited by autumnstoned
Social source share

Do you have a link? 

Anyone know the legitimacy of this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/This-Loved-Starved-Heart-Of-Mine-Marvin-Gaye-SUPER-RARE-ORIGINAL-MINT-/151198334839?pt=UK_Records&hash=item23341f7f77

PS Scratch that - just seen earlier thread about USA 1994 release to promote Lost & Found CD.

Genuine release just a few years too late from when recorded  :yes: can i up my earlier estimation to £450 

Edited by linda4me
Social source share

sold my 1st copy(traded a copy of strangers/nightwinds/w/b,paid £20 for & £20/30? for it) for £100 to someone in Sweden,same time it took off.

sold my 2nd copy for £300 this year.

both bought same time @ leeds allnighter(Scotland v England one).

guy called john? had a small sales box with about 8 or 10 of them,all covered in $2 sale stickers...someone must of picked them up from the do & sold them to a record shop,prob got $1 each for them...should of held on to them eh mr gordy,lol.

was also a copy of guitar ray / shagg in his box & everybody asked to buy that,but he had just bought it that night for £60 or £70,lol.

Social source share

A great record indeed, although when Searling tried it at Wigan a couple of times over a month it bombed and he dropped it. Took a few more years for it to get appreciated.

Always £100 - £200 record to me.

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Well, that 45 was loaded onto my site ready to be made live next week at 200 quid!

I was actually kicking myself because I have had it since October and I thought it would affect the price when the box set came out. 

Surely the box set copy is a legit release and good enough to play out at a venue?

Live and learn.

Chris

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There's one with a picture sleeve in ex buy it now at £400.00, and the one without the sleeve is at £366.00 with bids, makes me wonder where people's brains are , do they  think its rarer without the sleeve lol

Have mailed the seller there is no picture sleeve with his copy ?? didn't say why

Social source share

very mediocre recording not worth the high price

Can't agree with that sceneman.......It is a very good piece of Motown without the "sugar and spice" "whitening" that accompanied so many productions....proper hardcore.......but I guess different strokes for different folks.....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A great record indeed, although when Searling tried it at Wigan a couple of times over a month it bombed and he dropped it. Took a few more years for it to get appreciated.

Always £100 - £200 record to me.

Did Searling have an acetate, or carver from a tape recording or something?

If it only saw vinyl in 1994 must have been on another format? Even the Chris King thing was later, just wondering

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Did Searling have an acetate, or carver from a tape recording or something?

If it only saw vinyl in 1994 must have been on another format? Even the Chris King thing was later, just wondering

good point, and one that does demand an answer, an answer I personally don't have, acetate would be my guess though. Doesn't alter the fact he did play it and no one liked it though!

Social source share

Yep acetate/carver.

Must have been '81-ish as I cut it for him from tape with "Suspicion" on other side.

ROD

Cheers for the info Rod.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

This record is quality and a nice keeper.

Was in Cheshire Oaks some shop the other week, Diesel I think, and it Marvin's LSH was playing, asked one of the guys if it was his own music?

He didn't have a clue what it was, I suppose they get tapes sent to them or something.

What does Marvin's  Past Time Lover Acetate go for then (if it ever surfaces)?

Social source share

Whilst I'm pleased to say, I have a copy of the 45 in this format, I only wish that the Universal Boxset I received at Xmas, would have contained a (UK) copy as a supposed inclusion......and that's not just from an anoraks perspective neither.........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!