Terry Callier On A Reissue £100

I am that man  :thumbsup:  Meet you on the lawn with pistols at dawn old boy !!! could you make it after 10.30am though as I need a lay in and my brekkie first  :lol:

Ok.

:rolleyes:

I'm bored stiff tonight - no wonder I am an apprentice alcoholic! :facepalm: Just poured mesen a large Gin and Ginger and will get into a few episodes of Prison Break methinks.

I wuv RobinTunney :wub:  :sweatingbullets:  :yes:

Social source share

Ok.

:rolleyes:

I'm bored stiff tonight - no wonder I am an apprentice alcoholic! :facepalm: Just poured mesen a large Gin and Ginger and will get into a few episodes of Prison Break methinks.

I wuv RobinTunney :wub:  :sweatingbullets:  :yes:

Gin & ginger,,,,,,wtf, actually my bro told me he drinks Bacardi and tonic, he got same response ,,, wtf, terry callier reissue £100........wtf

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As the original single is way out of my price range, I settled for The Occasional rain lp on Cadet from discogs at a fiver.

Surely better than £100 plus for a bootleg.

Similarly my Timi Yuro lp Something Bad On My Mind on UK Liberty was £6, containing It'll Never Be Over For Me.

John 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As the original single is way out of my price range, I settled for The Occasional rain lp on Cadet from discogs at a fiver.

Similarly my Timi Yuro lp Something Bad On My Mind on UK Liberty was £6, containing It'll Never Be Over For Me.

John 

The version from Occasional Rain is easily the best one.

Peter

Social source share

John 

All three of his Cadet albums are blinders 

as are his two Elektra albums (African violet)

Edited by sjclement
Social source share

Mentions reissue twice in the ad so caveat emptor methinks.

There's reissues and reissues though aren't there Pete. I sent him a question asking whether in this case his definition of a reissue was an illegal counterfeit. I am yet to receive a reply. I'm pretty certain that some people will think it's an original as you say caveat emptor - perhaps, but I always think in cases like this that sellers should be less disingenuous. Nowt wrong with being totally upfront is there? Unless of course you are setting out to con people.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There's reissues and reissues though aren't there Pete. I sent him a question asking whether in this case his definition of a reissue was an illegal counterfeit. I am yet to receive a reply. I'm pretty certain that some people will think it's an original as you say caveat emptor - perhaps, but I always think in cases like this that sellers should be less disingenuous. Nowt wrong with being totally upfront is there? Unless of course you are setting out to con people.

Peter

Yep, true enough Peter.  I don`t think you`ll receive a reply any time soon.

Social source share

The seller is Ian Clark - 100% genuine and respected for many years on the rare soul scene

If anyone thinks they're buying an original they need their eyes testing - he states in the main title and also the description that it's a re-issue (whether it's a legal re-issue or not I don't know and I doubt that Ian does - there's so many about these days it's hard to tell where they come from)

I would think Ian is amazed as anyone else at the current bidding price

• Helpful 1
Social source share

People have all the tools available to them these days not to get ripped off by dealers , the internet, bootleg guides. Obviously if you buy what you think is an original and they send you a boot well that's a f**kin rip off. Some people just seem not to care what they are buying and have more money than sense and don,t even bother to put any effort into their purchases regarding boots . The record in question is plain to see what you are getting it states in the description in big enough type.

Edited by shinehead
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

The seller is Ian Clark - 100% genuine and respected for many years on the rare soul scene

If anyone thinks they're buying an original they need their eyes testing - he states in the main title and also the description that it's a re-issue (whether it's a legal re-issue or not I don't know and I doubt that Ian does - there's so many about these days it's hard to tell where they come from)

I would think Ian is amazed as anyone else at the current bidding price

spot on and it legal only 3 copys happy new year billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!