Tommy Turner - Lady/i'll Be Gone (Elbam)

tof

Thanks TOAD for this really interesting comment, I will be happy to ask your opinion next time I will sell a record.

Record sold and for your info here is last eBay sale for TT this week

https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331089587092&globalID=EBAY-ES

I'm sorry but £220 plus for the "Lady" release is plain barmy.  It was and still is IMO a cheap record, it was £30 for years and years.  "Lazy" is the rare one and as said it looks like someone is getting a little mixed up.

Social source share

It doesn't get more confusing than this. Same label, same tune on the flip and almost identical song titles. When I first discovered the two records, I expected that it was the same song on both and that one was just a mispressing. Of course, I did my research and found out that it was in fact two different songs.

It seems that there have been a couple instances on eBay where "Lady" has sold for the price of "Lazy".

Edited by Preben
Social source share

Just want to make clear after all these post that I never pretended to get people confused or mixed up with it.

I've posted here the" I'll be gone side "as I think it is the best side and perhaps the less known. I've posted this on Facebook too, adding both sides soundfiles and had several request.

If people think £90 for "lady" is expensive, it would have been a stupid price for "lazy". We all have thousand of examples of 30quids records that raise in price, so not really an argument.

I'm also thinking that hijacking a post in Sales like that with discussion around the price and the honesty of the seller is not fair at all. You have other places on this forum if you want to give your comments on records sold.

Saying that, I wish you all a soulful Christmas and a great end of the year.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!