Which Records Should Be Played Out To Break The 500 Mould

Rodders22

This thread just goes to show the vast differences in taste. You say tomato, I say tomato. We will never agree. And yet whenever there's one of these threads, people can't resist putting you tube clips up. Why? the ones that are any good I am already aware of. The rest I sit and listen to, and wish I hadn't.

Please can you just write the title, and resist from posting endless you tube clips. I can easily find them on you tube myself. Like I said, I have yet to play one of these clips and think wow! I must have that record.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This thread just goes to show the vast differences in taste. You say tomato, I say tomato. We will never agree. And yet whenever there's one of these threads, people can't resist putting you tube clips up. Why? the ones that are any good I am already aware of. The rest I sit and listen to, and wish I hadn't.

Please can you just write the title, and resist from posting endless you tube clips. I can easily find them on you tube myself. Like I said, I have yet to play one of these clips and think wow! I must have that record.

Perhaps not all of us have your extensive experience. I for one appreciate the you tube clips as I'm no expert; where's the harm in it?

Also thinking about the topic, you'd hope those who primarily focus on the top 500 might hear some new stuff they like.

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Phil,most may be already known,but some are forgotten,to hear them again may refresh the parts other tunes can't reach.!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry mate, I have to disagree. I like to play them while reading the rest of the thread. I can give an instant critique in my head and move on. It's a tool that saves endless trawling. How disappointed would you feel if someone posted an item that you didn't know, then you spent endless seconds trawling youtube to find you didn't like it, I would feel those people owed me those seconds back. 

Maybe if replying to a post with a clip in,  just delete the clip in your reply, so there isn't loads of replys with the same clip in.

Social source share

That's what I meant. It just ruins the thread. If people just wrote their recommendations instead of posting clips it would improve the ability to make head or tail of the thread. Some of these threads take for ever to download because of the youtube content, and I just lose the will to live half way through and give up.

Social source share

Sorry mate, I have to disagree. I like to play them while reading the rest of the thread. I can give an instant critique in my head and move on. It's a tool that saves endless trawling. How disappointed would you feel if someone posted an item that you didn't know, then you spent endless seconds trawling youtube to find you didn't like it, I would feel those people owed me those seconds back. :)

Exactly, I would rather read the thread without having to play all the youtube clips. I could then write down the titles and waste my life listening to them at a later date. A much later date. If people want to bore one another with recommendations  why not set up a cd swap? How am I going to have time to moan about everything if I have to spend my time listening to all these clips? 

Stop it.  :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I thought it was to list records that might (or should) go down with the oldies crowd outside of the top 500 mate.

the opening post asks......"just thinking what sounds would you play to spice up a set away from the norm?"

the topic heading is......."which records should be played to break the 500 MOULD?"

it does not say name a record outside "the top 500"

so I think I read the post correctly and suggested a record within the context of the same actually

anyway, here's one that I don't hear out but which may be found palatable to people at Oldies nights.....and I will use a YT clip as I like em.....sorry and all that..........

(sam & bill - i'll try)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBQkuAGbV-0

(post edit and silly tune removed.....so as not to lower the tone at this time of peace and goodwill  :thumbsup: )

Edited by back street blue
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Here's a few I'd like to hear played a little more often , some are rare some aren't.

1,Inverts ..Time will change.

2,Singing swinging counts ......Along the way.

3,soulville allstars....Nobody to blame but myself.

4,roy Smith.....very strong on you.

5,Jean Battle.....I've got to come in.

6,Johnnie Hoyle....what about me...

7,Big Maybelle....I can't wait any longer..

8,Debonairs ....Come back baby..

9,Reatha Reese....Only lies..

10. the ravin mads....Where is the love.

11.Headliners ...He's looking for love..

12,sincers ...girl I ;love you...

13,Jackie russel ....if you don't want me ..

14, third soul trio....that's a natural fact.

all the best simon.

Social source share

It would've been nice to hear this out anytime over the last 45 years. I don't know how it fell through the gaps. Sounds like it could be good for the Top 500 crowd. I wish I could've actually found a copy in the early 70's 'cos I'd have played the hell out of it.....

Ralphie D - We Let Go Of A Beautiful Thing - 20th Century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6vDS7THZJ8

Ian D  :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

the opening post asks......"just thinking what sounds would you play to spice up a set away from the norm?"

the topic heading is......."which records should be played to break the 500 MOULD?"

it does not say name a record outside "the top 500"

so I think I read the post correctly and suggested a record within the context of the same actually

anyway, here's one that I don't hear out but which may be found palatable to people at Oldies nights.....and I will use a YT clip as I like em.....sorry and all that..........

(sam & bill - i'll try)

(post edit and silly tune removed.....so as not to lower the tone at this time of peace and goodwill :thumbsup: )

Semantics - by breaking the mould and playing one outside the 500, not really that much different. Not though any of this matters though. Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Exactly, I would rather read the thread without having to play all the youtube clips. I could then write down the titles and waste my life listening to them at a later date. A much later date. If people want to bore one another with recommendations  why not set up a cd swap? How am I going to have time to moan about everything if I have to spend my time listening to all these clips? 

Stop it.  :lol:

Mister Quinvy, Don't get frustrated Son av a stiff whiskey :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ian Dewhirst, Kev Farley, Byrney' Benji' Back Street Blue' Kev H, Jothn May and loads of others, thanks a million. I didn't have to like them all but a few have had me reaching for pen and paper' that was a great result for me to tap into your vast amount knowledge. Rod

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Here's another one. Classic Northern, sh*t rare, still not widely known (probably because most of the "top jocks" haven't got a copy)

Billy Harner - I've got to check you out

Familiar video. Ah, the nostalgia. :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!