Do You Have Records Really Grow On You When You've Had A Few?

Ljblanken

i don't know if this has happened to you, but i've noticed some records sound really tepid on a cold, stone-sober thursday afternoon when they arrive in the post, but on a saturday evening with a few pints in you....they sound AMAZING. 

this recently happened to me. got "you're my world" by the five wagers (nation) in the mail and kinda just filed it away. then about six months later, after a few drinks on a saturday night i was playing random records and was like "oh my god, this sounds like god weeping" - it sounded so good! now i am totally into this song!

has this happened to anyone else? or am i just a sad b*stard? 

Social source share

I do exactly the same , get home open my little parcel , put the new 45 on and think mmm, it's ok but not as good as I remember it used to be :( .

Roll on Friday night after a few sherberts and glasses of vino , put said record on nice and loud and Bingo it sounds fooking awesome :lol::thumbup:

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

i don't know if this has happened to you, but i've noticed some records sound really tepid on a cold, stone-sober thursday afternoon when they arrive in the post, but on a saturday evening with a few pints in you....they sound AMAZING. 

this recently happened to me. got "you're my world" by the five wagers (nation) in the mail and kinda just filed it away. then about six months later, after a few drinks on a saturday night i was playing random records and was like "oh my god, this sounds like god weeping" - it sounded so good! now i am totally into this song!

It's what's commonly known in the medical profession as Beer Ear (Tinnyitus).

Edited by Steve S 60
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I reckon the moral to this story is,have a good drink before you buy anything, it helps me avoid disappointment

Any road , makes what I've bought sound better IMO and neither Mr Jack Daniels or Glen Fiddich

Has a say in it (or maybe they do) :-))

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

They don't sound better, but I do make snap decisions to buy at niters if i've a few drinks rather than wait until i get home and go on the internet. Dealers with their own turntables has upped my impulse buying no end in the last few years. Not always in a good way.

Social source share

Guest Big Al 68

I find the alcohol method works wonders not just with music , but with most of my life choices . The other half looks nearly acceptable , even sexy ,if ive been on the spirits . I can dance like a competition winner ( sober folk wont agree, due to jealousy !) and even work is a pleasure while a wee bit tipsy as driving a bus can be tedious ! :g:

Al

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!