Rarest Soul Label

• Replies 66
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

the question is rarest label, not your favorite rare label. artco releases are way rarer than teri de releases.

Did I ever mention it was my favorite label ? , how many copies have you seen for sale of " Jimmy Gresham & Leonard Jewell " ? ................don't tell me .....dozens of copies . So stick that in ya pipe and smoke it !

Social source share

Did I ever mention it was my favorite label ? , how many copies have you seen for sale of " Jimmy Gresham & Leonard Jewell " ? ................don't tell me .....dozens of copies . So stick that in ya pipe and smoke it !

way more than I've seen of the traditions on artco. why are you getting worked up over a post on an internet forum? chill out.

Social source share

I know that for you Brits, "rare" is what has survived to this day, not what existed during the years of the records' releases and the few years later.  But, it's hard for me to think of records as rare, when I saw many of them back in the day. 

Yes Rob we take rare as meaning what we can get our hands on now you had more access when they were new releases, i would say Shrine is the rarest label for the shear amount of quality releases it made during a short life span, Talk has it that when Shrine pressed their singles they were sent to a distribution warehouse which burnt to the ground thus all those were lost and never repressed due to cost.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WheelCity45

William Bell`s Label - Peachtree:

Got to be the rarest label out of Atlantic ???

Eddie Billups - Ask my Heart

Jimmy Church - Thinking About the Good Times    

Gorgeous George - Love's Not A Hurtin' Thing 
Sue Rainey - You Hurt Me
Emory & The Dynamics - Let's Take A Look At Our Life
James Fountain - Seven Day Lover
Four Dynamics -  Things That A Lady Ain't Supposed To Do

Social source share

Yes Rob we take rare as meaning what we can get our hands on now you had more access when they were new releases, i would say Shrine is the rarest label for the shear amount of quality releases it made during a short life span, Talk has it that when Shrine pressed their singles they were sent to a distribution warehouse which burnt to the ground thus all those were lost and never repressed due to cost.

Shrine is looking like a mid-size indie label these days with weekly auctions and plenty available at set sale. Sure it is a highly collectible label with some mega scarce releases, but no longer the rarest label as it was billed twenty years ago.

The thread has merits as we are kicking around rare labels with small numbers of releases, hopefully of interest to some of the collectors out there.

Social source share

William Bell`s Label - Peachtree:

Got to be the rarest label out of Atlantic ???

Eddie Billups - Ask my Heart

Jimmy Church - Thinking About the Good Times

Gorgeous George - Love's Not A Hurtin' Thing Sue Rainey - You Hurt MeEmory & The Dynamics - Let's Take A Look At Our LifeJames Fountain - Seven Day Lover

Four Dynamics - Things That A Lady Ain't Supposed To Do

there's at least three sue / susie raneys on peachtree I think Edited by penny
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert