Tony Fox - Blaster Lp Reissue Vs Original

jocko

Obviously a new reissue of this 1981 classic, assume its the first repro. Has anyone seen one and can they tell the differences between them easily.

Few cheaper ones finally appearing but a bit suspicious for obvious reasons.

Morning Jock

I didn't know it had been "done". People shouldn't read too much into that of course - as I don't know too much about anything. :rolleyes:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest trickbag

seller added the following information:

(Heavyweight vinyl 180g)

TONY FOX lp The Beginning RARE REISSUE
290917773552.jpg 

maybe this will help jocko.  ricky.

Social source share

Obviously a new reissue of this 1981 classic, assume its the first repro. Has anyone seen one and can they tell the differences between them easily.

Few cheaper ones finally appearing but a bit suspicious for obvious reasons.

I don't have the original  but I have this reissue and the label looks more red than on this picture (taken from CollectorsFrenzy) :

171053068945.jpg

There's nothing in the dead wax, only A and B. I assume the real one has something more ?

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

Nothing mate - it was a more polite why of trying to ascertain the answer.

Rather than saying "so it's a boot then" if that makes sense.

So, it is a boot then?

:huh:

P

I don't know if it's a boot or legitimate release.

I just wanted to know if there was something I missed that explained it to be an official reissue.

Social source share

... unless it's those pesky Jap's always ahead of the game.

Innocent...on this occasion :thumbsup:

The latest represses to be doing the rounds over here in Japan include: Spice, Patterson Twins & Rokk. :hatsoff2:

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

I don't have the original but I have this reissue and the label looks more red than on this picture (taken from CollectorsFrenzy) :

171053068945.jpg

There's nothing in the dead wax, only A and B. I assume the real one has something more ?

Thanks for that, now to compare with our feathered friend below :-))

Mine has a bit more then A and B in the run outs!!!.

Like to articulate a bit more mate, it looks like this is the key differentiatior, I have a price that some are coming closer to but pretty keen not to get stuffed as I suspect these have been done as exact look a likes.

Was this ever proved to be real, at one point it was claimed as a graphic design mock up but pretty sure our ardent Scandinavian collectors have proved otherwise?

I don't know if it's a boot or legitimate release.

I just wanted to know if there was something I missed that explained it to be an official reissue.

And talking about ardent Scandinavian collectors, :-) I though you might have seen the reissue directly? They do seem to be mostly in the UK interestingly so am doubly suspicious. No idea re the Boot/Legit but don't think I have seen any appear in the normal shop stores so I am suspicous, someone on net somewhere did say it was only a 500 run so somebody oviously is aware of origin, just buggered if I can remember who said it!

Innocent...on this occasion :thumbsup:

The latest represses to be doing the rounds over here in Japan include: Spice, Patterson Twins & Rokk. :hatsoff2:

Dare I ask how legit these are Mr F? I assume its not P-Vine still is it? I don't suppose you ever come across any of the old P-Vine catalouges there do you, and if so is there enough pictures to work out a discography :-) 

Social source share

James i have a real one,will try and dig it out later for run out etc.

It`s buried in the crates behind a load of other stuff so might take a while.

Little pointer would be the original has heavy/Grey cardboard inside lp cover(not the sleeve). Re presses usually are white/lighter paper. i `ll get me coat now it`s official i`m an anorak  :ohmy:  :hypo:

Social source share

James i have a real one,will try and dig it out later for run out etc.

It`s buried in the crates behind a load of other stuff so might take a while.

Little pointer would be the original has heavy/Grey cardboard inside lp cover(not the sleeve). Re presses usually are white/lighter paper. i `ll get me coat now it`s official i`m an anorak  :ohmy:  :hypo:

Good point made they do have grey colour - got mine in 1981 direct from label owner Larry Capel .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!