John Manship Auction Results 11-12-2013

JOE TORQUAY

JM auctioned a couple of records earlier this year for me and they fetched higher than expected prices.

I was payed the agreed percentages so I cant see how his prices can be questioned.

Hes just good at what he does 

But what I'm trying to say is, when a record sells for 5 times it's value, it's natural to comment about it.

They aren't "his" prices, they are the prices someone has bid.

If you saw a Disco Demand copy of Footsee sell for £75, wouldn't you agree it's worth discussing?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

But what I'm trying to say is, when a record sells for 5 times it's value, it's natural to comment about it.

They aren't "his" prices, they are the prices someone has bid.

If you saw a Disco Demand copy of Footsee sell for £75, wouldn't you agree it's worth discussing?

I get that completely but I got the idea that some people were questioning if the records do

fetch the prices shown at the end of the auction, from my own experience then the answer

is yes  

Social source share

I get that completely but I got the idea that some people were questioning if the records do

fetch the prices shown at the end of the auction, from my own experience then the answer

is yes  

Oh right, I get you. I was never saying that and never would say that, not about a JM auction.

Social source share

Actually knowing John, he's probably collating all those sales pitches for another book "The Manship Auctions". He could then collate the history of his auctions with the descriptions which he's already written, the end results which he already has and the scans which he already has. Instant book which I'm sure a couple of thousand people would happily buy. So I guess that's why he's investing a bit of time in the descriptions. He's writing the equivalent of a set of sleeve notes every week which takes up a bit of time and research.

I really like them though. That Cleethorpes one is a scorcher. Even Record Dealers can be poetic LOL....

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!