Ebay Seller Mambouk,

Guest julesp1905

Fairplay for the response Sid, I'm sure people who read this will understand, On your return would be grateful if you could refund my money in the correct way, I'm not the richest man in the world and to have £170 tied up in this is a pain, preventing me from making other purchases.

I hope you get it sorted mate.

Hope Sid learns a valuable lesson too - don't let people mess with your accounts, particularly people who have clearly set out to rip people off.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Purchased a record off of a UK seller mambouk

Record was described as 

THE CASHMERES--SHOW STOPPER--HEM RECORDS

WITH THE GREAT FLIP SIDE

THE CASHMERES-LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BACK

RECORD IS M- CONDITION

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE COPY TO HAVE IN YOUR COLLECTION

A DANCE FLOOR FILLER ANY TIME

Record received was a Soul City reissue with the middle cut out and coloured photocopy labels stuck on.

The sellers explanation was the following

"hi mate you must have known it wasn't a real one due to the price of it it also said on the details this is a[ ULTIMATE COPY]NO MENSION OF IT BEING A GENUINE COPY

Apparently i should have asked questions, Auction was started at 99p, so not too sure what the price has to do with it, i bid and won what was suppose to be an Ulitmate copy to own.

So people just be mindful of records described as Ulitmate or you could end up with a box of bootlegs

Ive read this thread all the way through,and there are some good and constructive comments.

I dont know you Jules 1905 and I dont know Sid.

Jules would you have been so anti if when you opened the package and it was a real Cashmeres? I suggest this would never had been mentioned on here had it been a proper one.

You appear to be a person that buys a few tunes and therefore knows a thing or two.Where you not the slightest bit suspicious when the bidding was so low on the record?

It was obviously advertised totally incorrectly and definitely meant to deceive,which is totally wrong.Even so a question to the seller would and should have revealed all!

Also Sid says a friend used his account while he was away! I hope you keep your credit cards and cheque book hidden.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Jules would you have been so anti if when you opened the package and it was a real Cashmeres? I suggest this would never had been mentioned on here had it been a proper one.

You appear to be a person that buys a few tunes and therefore knows a thing or two.Where you not the slightest bit suspicious when the bidding was so low on the record?

It was obviously advertised totally incorrectly and definitely meant to deceive,which is totally wrong.Even so a question to the seller would and should have revealed all!

The Auction was started at 99p, listed on Ebay UK, it was at £30 with an hour to go, the fact that it only reached £168 is mute, I actually bid near double and in all honesty expected to get beat, what are you saying that bargains are not to be had once in a while on ebay, The listing was poor, the photo was poor, proven by the fact that on receiving the labels are the correct colour. I bid on the information to hand, Information you would expect to be correct, why ask a question, only for the seller to post the response stating it was 100% genuine if that was the case, hardly going to keep the price down, swings and roundabouts as to whether to ask questions

Edited by julesp1905
Social source share

above the item number on the ebay page is a 'report item' option - if ebay using soulsourcers click on this and select from the appropriate options, it should help Jules' case and maybe put a halt to sellers suspect activity.  ***maybe not so much in this actual case as Sid appears to be fixing the issue, but it's something that can be done in the future.

Edited by Col Wolfe
Social source share

well it looks like ive got myself in trouble

what can i say only explain how this as happened

i stupidly let my mate use my ebay account to sell some records as im away at the moment

so not really spoken to him. im home late friday night but definitely will find out what as gone on

and i will speak to him in person i can only apologize to the buyer and assure it will be sorted out

i normally when he wants to sell anything have a look before he sells just to make sure everything is ok

but this time hes sold without me looking at them because i wasn't avalible

hope people who no me on soul source no me better than this i am totally gutted

not only am i going to lose friends on here but also lose my reputation by doing somebody a good turn

i can only apologize once again

will not be able to speak till saturday as im useing somebody else computer

You have had a long time to think and reply to this thread.

Is this so called friend is still listing items on your Ebay username account because if he is looking at the descriptions on the completed items and the three current items for sale the descriptions are all in upper case text with dashes here and there and have been obviously listed by the same person. What is stopping him listing more bogus items?

I would suggest if you are away have use of a computer as you say you cancel these current listings if this is the case as you can easily do by logging in to your account. I would also contact Ebay or the so called friend who is apparently ruining your reputation.

I would be very alarmed if this was happening to my Ebay account and would have taken strong action by now if a so called friend of mine was acting this way.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You have had a long time to think and reply to this thread.

Is this so called friend is still listing items on your Ebay username account because if he is looking at the descriptions on the completed items and the three current items for sale the descriptions are all in upper case text with dashes here and there and have been obviously listed by the same person. What is stopping him listing more bogus items?

I would suggest if you are away have use of a computer as you say you cancel these current listings if this is the case as you can easily do by logging in to your account. I would also contact Ebay or the so called friend who is apparently ruining your reputation.

I would be very alarmed if this was happening to my Ebay account and would have taken strong action by now if a so called friend of mine was acting this way.

Sounds like a good idea, have just checked (again) his listing for the Frankie Valli, Still no change to listing.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Spoken with Sid, refund promptly sorted today, record return not required.

I have no reason to doubt the explanation Sid has given, the style of Sid writing and grammar used is completely different to the person I dealt with in the ebay dispute. 

After a telephone call, can see how completely gutted Sid is that this situation arose.

From my end, situation resolved without any financial loss, and I won't be leaving negative feedback for the transaction.

I would ask that people take on board what i have said and harbour no ill feeling towards Sid for this, He is just a poor guy who has a so called friend abuse his trust, the person involved is not a member of Soul Source, but Sid is going to try and get him to come on here and make a public apology.

Time for me to go out and listen to some soul.

Jules 

Social source share

Class act both Jules and Sid. Despite the intervening grief, it's nice when people act like adults in these situations.
Gives you hope.

As to #3 in this story, any chance of an unhappy ending? Life's annoying enough sometimes without more idiots stirring it and walking away.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!