Purchased a record off of a UK seller mambouk

Record was described as 

THE CASHMERES--SHOW STOPPER--HEM RECORDS
               WITH THE GREAT FLIP SIDE
THE CASHMERES-LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BACK

RECORD IS M- CONDITION

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE COPY TO HAVE IN YOUR COLLECTION
 A DANCE FLOOR FILLER ANY TIME

Record received was a Soul City reissue with the middle cut out and coloured photocopy labels stuck on.

The sellers explanation was the following

"hi mate you must have known it wasn't a real one due to the price of it it also said on the details this is a[ ULTIMATE COPY]NO MENSION OF IT BEING A GENUINE COPY

Apparently i should have asked questions, Auction was started at 99p, so not too sure what the price has to do with it, i bid and won what was suppose to be an Ulitmate copy to own.

So people just be mindful of records described as Ulitmate or you could end up with a box of bootlegs

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Gone to dispute on it already so will get my money back, minus my return costs, which due to the amount will have to be special delivery.

Post is just for people to be mindful that these things are now knocking about.

Social source share

That's not misleading - it's outright criminality. You need to report this straight away.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-CASHMERES-SHOW-STOPPER-HEM-RECORDS-/200996320561?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2ecc507531&nma=true&si=pAWfwxOJ1%252FKVY6Oz4%252Bn1g0ZgPeg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

edit - sorry just seen your post above. Who is this despicable git?

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

I actually started laughing when i opened it, just couldn't believe the nerve of it, I mean he knew what it was, clearly because of the price it sold for, was always going to be a problem for him when i received it.

Social source share

I'd also tell him you're contacting trading standards as he's carrying out fraud.

Also tell him he's a complete tosser - from me.

:thumbsup:

Peter

He's been selling for 11 years with 100% feedback - fcuk I just don't get it.

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

it's certainly the same label, looked at the photo before bidding, I've previously owned the Epsilons on Hem, so knew it was a darker shade that normal, but put it down to a crap camera, checked the font with popsike scans so looked in order there, and yes picture does give the impression on a moulded label. So other than the darker shade, which does happen with scans and photos nothing to say this wasn't the Ultimate bargain of the year, well for me anyway

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Going to speak with ebay tomorrow, don't see why i should have to pay for it's return, the seller has admitted the item is not genuine in the dispute communication, so think i should be alright for a straight refund authorised by them, Ebay supposedly have a zero tolerance to fakes

Social source share

Guest DELORENZO

He's been selling for 11 years with 100% feedback - fcuk I just don't get it.

But has only sold 16 items in that time , what does "Rare look" mean ???

Social source share

I don't understand why the auction would only end at £168 when the record was advertised as an original mint copy. That's way below the normal going rate. Maybe someone else will be able to see why it ended so low:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-CASHMERES-SHOW-STOPPER-HEM-RECORDS-/200996320561?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2ecc507531&nma=true&si=3KJmpCxIEWb8OMOEeJ2TSYPEPrA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Anyways, there is not much to discuss. You are entitled to get your money back. He didn't send you the item he advertised for sale.  

eBay normally requires that the buyer pays for return shipping, and you'd better pick signed for otherwise the seller can simply say that he didn't receive the record, and eBay will side with him so you'll lose your money. If you get a tracking number, you should be safe.

I also agree that it is unfair if you have to pay return shipping in this case, but unfortunately, I think that's eBay's policy. I would talk to the seller about refunding return shipping costs, but in your case, it seems that he might not go along with that since since he is implying that he did nothing wrong. If he does not come through with a refund for return shipping costs, then I would leave him a negative since he made you pay for his mistake.

Edited by Preben
Social source share

why dont we all send him a message through ebay and say "eyup mate, was going to bid on some of your records but changed me mind cos your a complete shit house"

Social source share

I don't understand why the auction would only end at £168 when the record was advertised as an original mint copy. That's way below the normal going rate. Maybe someone else will be able to see why it ended so low:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-CASHMERES-SHOW-STOPPER-HEM-RECORDS-/200996320561?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2ecc507531&nma=true&si=3KJmpCxIEWb8OMOEeJ2TSYPEPrA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Anyways, there is not much to discuss. You are entitled to get your money back. He didn't send you the item he advertised for sale.  

eBay normally requires that the buyer pays for return shipping, and you'd better pick signed for otherwise the seller can simply say that he didn't receive the record, and eBay will side with him so you'll lose your money. If you get a tracking number, you should be safe.

I also agree that it is unfair if you have to pay return shipping in this case, but unfortunately, I think that's eBay's policy. I would talk to the seller about refunding return shipping costs, but in your case, it seems that he might not go along with that since since he is implying that he did nothing wrong. If he does not come through with a refund for return shipping costs, then I would leave him a negative since he made you pay for his mistake.

Return postage costs paid by buyer is only EBay's policy instance if you are registered as a business. And, as always there are two sides to every story - I 'm glad Ebay brought this policy in - cut down on the scams by 99% amazingly - The   record trashed , record split , cover damaged - amazing how the ' buyer ' suddenly decides ' I ' ll keep it ' when faced with return postage costs. NOT saying that in this case - Buyer is entitled to full refund by escalating case to Ebay customer support after seller has responded within a time frame specified.

Social source share

He,s described the item as ; The Cashmeres on Hem, ..and it plainly isnt, its a fake lookalike, therefore its a misleading advertisement,..he then trys to put the onus on what the item actually is on the buyer,like its there fault if they swallow his con trick ..very devious,.. hope he gets kicked off ebay, gives the genuine sellers a bad name

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Currently in dispute at the moment which is becoming a bit painful

Rather than accepting the refund that has been requested, he has gone for other solution which involves me returning the record to a completey different name to that of whom the payment was made to, states he's not at home so needs it sent to alternative address. Finally agreed to refund me before record has been received, sends me a payment for the refund even though i said not to, as 1, I would be subject to charges and 2, subject to possible chargeback, the fella hardly has the greatest track record with me, and certainly not going to run that risk.

Why he wouldn't want to refund me from the payment details and get his payment fees back is beyond me.

I returned his payment straightaway

Spoken with ebay today, but true to form can't get anybody to investigate this dubious behaviour for another seven days as I have to give the seller 8 days to resolve.

I've asked the question of them as to why a counterfeit item has to be returned, purely on the basis that selling them on ebay is against their rules, that is illegal in UK law and that me returning it will only allow it to be either resold on ebay or another platform, again can't answer for another 7 days

Edited by julesp1905
Social source share

Currently in dispute at the moment which is becoming a bit painful

Rather than accepting the refund that has been requested, he has gone for other solution which involves me returning the record to a completey different name to that of whom the payment was made to, states he's not at home so needs it sent to alternative address. Finally agreed to refund me before record has been received, sends me a payment for the refund even though i said not to, as 1, I would be subject to charges and 2, subject to possible chargeback, the fella hardly has the greatest track record with me, and certainly not going to run that risk.

Why he wouldn't want to refund me from the payment details and get his payment fees back is beyond me.

I returned his payment straightaway

Spoken with ebay today, but true to form can't get anybody to investigate this dubious behaviour for another seven days as I have to give the seller 8 days to resolve.

I've asked the question of them as to why a counterfeit item has to be returned, purely on the basis that selling them on ebay is against their rules, that is illegal in UK law and that me returning it will only allow it to be either resold on ebay or another platform, again can't answer for another 7 days

That's Ebay 's daft rules when it comes to a resolution case status. Always give that amount of time for a response. As regards ' counterfeits' sales wasting your time  ( speaking from previous experience )  they are only interested in bigger fish i.e fake C K , designer handbags and the larger markets. You might as well peg stones at your coat . :yes:  :yes:

Social source share

he should have used the refund option on the payment.

if i were you i would go through ebay's own refund process. open up a case escalate it, you will have to return it to the address ebay tells you to using tracking, you will get a refund. once you get double refunded, refund his payment to you.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Return postage costs paid by buyer is only EBay's policy instance if you are registered as a business. And, as always there are two sides to every story - I 'm glad Ebay brought this policy in - cut down on the scams by 99% amazingly - The   record trashed , record split , cover damaged - amazing how the ' buyer ' suddenly decides ' I ' ll keep it ' when faced with return postage costs. NOT saying that in this case - Buyer is entitled to full refund by escalating case to Ebay customer support after seller has responded within a time frame specified.

I recently bought a Jazz LP on E-bay from a Californian seller described as NM. When I got it the record was more like a VG+ grade, which was no drama as it was something I'd been after for a while and the price was reasonable for that grade. However, on playing it the thing was subject to a serious heat warp which meant one side wouldn't play at all and the other side was seriously distorted therefore unlistenable.

I opened a case with E-bay and was told to return the record by an insured and trackable method. This cost me a not inconsiderable £15.20. The guy has yet to refund me even though he's had the record back for a week. Hopefully he will.

I don't understand why I end up losing money for something that was seriously misdescribed and which I wouldn't have touched with a bargepole if it had been accurately graded. If I cocked up in my business I'd at least ensure the buyer/client was returned to a zero position - i.e. not out of pocket for something that wasn't their fault. 

Social source share

he should have used the refund option on the payment.

if i were you i would go through ebay's own refund process. open up a case escalate it, you will have to return it to the address ebay tells you to using tracking, you will get a refund. once you get double refunded, refund his payment to you.

Absolutely agree with this, if you let him refund you the way he has and send the record somewhere else, you will find you are minus the record and he will charge back the refund. He can then correctly state to eBay that he hasn't received the record and you will only have proof of sending it to a completely different address. Did he use eBay messaging to arrange this "refund"? If not you will have no proof of anything.

Just start a case and escalate it, return the record to the address you have got using recorded or special delivery and ebay will refund you. If he doesn't accept the record it will be returned to you anyway. I had one case where the record sat for 3 weeks in the sorting office after multiple attempts to deliver and was then returned to me, ebay still refunded me as I had done everything correctly.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Bit of investigation on my behalf and discovered the seller is a user of Soul Source, in fact even posted in the sales section.

Strange that there has been no comments posted by him on this subject.

Social source share

Bit of investigation on my behalf and discovered the seller is a user of Soul Source, in fact even posted in the sales section.

Strange that there has been no comments posted by him on this subject.

-------------------------------------------SORRY TO SAY NAME AND SHAME TO MAKE OTHERS AWARE-----------------------------------------------------

Social source share

Have messaged him on ebay to let him know, wonder if he will change listing HA HA

Notice that he has a copy of "The Night" on Mowest 3024 up for sale, and lists it as an "original British", so either not very bright or at the scam.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201001871797

Over 24 hours, no messages and no change to his listing. Will keep watching.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

I'll give the seller till the weekend to explain himself, if not then his name will be posted, but in this small community seems most have worked it out already

Social source share

well it looks like ive got myself in trouble

what can i say only explain how this as happened

i stupidly let my mate use my ebay account to sell some records as im away at the moment

so not really spoken to him. im home late friday night but definitely will find out what as gone on

and i will speak to him in person i can only apologize to the buyer and assure it will be sorted out

i normally when he wants to sell anything have a look before he sells just to make sure everything is ok

but this time hes sold without me looking at them because i wasn't avalible

hope people who no me on soul source no me better than this i am totally gutted

not only am i going to lose friends on here but also lose my reputation by doing somebody a good turn

i can only apologize once again

will not be able to speak till saturday as im useing somebody else computer

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Fair play mate , hands up and all that but you're mate could ruin your reputation and as you know it's a relatively small scene  :wink:

Give him a slap ! :lol:

Swifty :wink:

Ay up Swifty

The Mate needs more than a slap imho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :boxing: lights out

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Fairplay for the response Sid, I'm sure people who read this will understand, On your return would be grateful if you could refund my money in the correct way, I'm not the richest man in the world and to have £170 tied up in this is a pain, preventing me from making other purchases.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!