Has This Secret Sound Been Played Out Yet?

Dayo

Oh - don't want to mislead anyone; it's not by "Thurston Day" - I simply used the company sound cloud account - Thurston Day Ltd.  Took it down from soundcloud and replaced it with an MP3

I do know who it's by, but I'm not saying at the moment.

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

I'm thinking it's either a recently i.e. maybe 10 years old maximum tune, or one that's not been released yet, but I don't think it's a vintage track.

I thought i'd play it safe and say 90's ,but think you are nearer the truth .. so its probably a track from a chart artist that was from a cd but not a hit record .. Dayo was listening to his CD and thought hey ..this has a nice "northern soul " type sound :g:

That said ,i did cheat and use Shazam ,but it did'nt yield a result ,so that probably blows my theory :D

Social source share

Oh - don't want to mislead anyone; it's not by "Thurston Day" - I simply used the company sound cloud account - Thurston Day Ltd.  Took it down from soundcloud and replaced it with an MP3

I do know who it's by, but I'm not saying at the moment.

dayo 

can you swop it back to the soundcloud clip as mp3s goes against site policy

thanks

mike

Social source share

Took the mp3 down as admin are right, there may be copyright issues.

Truth is, it's library music. There's a whole CD of pastiche Northern tracks available to broadcasters and production companies. Anyone recall the KPM lounge funk stuff that became quite sought after on the rare groove scene? Then you've got the picture.

I enjoyed the brass though!

Edited by Dayo
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

It's better than 99% of the stuff put up on this forum by folk saying "this is a fantastic cheapie" and can't understand why this isn't huge.

At least it's got a dance beat.

It's also better than a lot of the the rare stuff that costs a fortune!!!    :wicked:  

Sorry.................just couldn't resist!!!   :D

Edited by CeeJay
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

"

"Retro Soul is a collection of brand new classics straight from the sweaty northern soul venues of yesteryear. This wall-of-sound-inspired retro pop will make you wanna do the Mashed Potato via Funkytown, USA. Retro Soul is a fresh, modern twist on soul classic sounds you can really shake your tailfeathers to."

yep, whatever!   :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!