Does Anyone Buy Lps Anymore? How Much For These?

Steve Ss

I really only buy 45s.

However over the years (like most people I guess) I have ended up with lots of big dinner plates.

I won't play them and before they go to landfill, are any of the following Various Artists worth selling?

VWVON All Nite Long ~ early 1980s bootleg with 6Ts one side and modern ( :) ) the other

Pye Disco Demand ~ Solid Soul Sensations ~ Ian Levine comp with Anglos, Jack Montgomery, Masqueraders etc

This is Loma ~ Volumes 1-7 ~ I think that was the full set

Talk of The Grapevine, Sound of The Grapevine and This Is Northern Soul ~ all 3 of the releases (I think)

Capital Soul ~ Horaces

Soulful Kinda Music ~ Soul Supply ~ which still has shrink seal on it and the price (£5.49 ~ Virgin records 1985!) ~ this has Contenders, Bell Boys, Phil terrell etc

All are good nick, ranging from well played (Pye) to the basically brand new (Soul Supply).

I know there's more in the garage......should I just leave them there?

Social source share

Yep, that WVON LP is a corker in terms of what it has on it. Everyone of those tunes were massive in the early 80's - the content might well have been lifted from a Sir Dickie playlist at the time. (No association with said person intended).

Obviously an illegitimate release and I think we've had at least one thread on here as to its origins.  

Peter

:D

Social source share

Ebay if I was you, you'd definitely get some punts on the Grapevine's and the VWVON all night long.

Seen some Kent L.Ps go for £25. Is the Horace's 'Capitol Soul' the second Shrine one? must be worth a bob or two. 

thanks.

yep the second one....

think there's also For Dancers Only in garage...

looks like ebay it is...

Social source share

Yep, that WVON LP is a corker in terms of what it has on it. Everyone of those tunes were massive in the early 80's - the content might well have been lifted from a Sir Dickie playlist at the time. (No association with said person intended).

Obviously an illegitimate release and I think we've had at least one thread on here as to its origins.  

Peter

:D

Hi Peter,

good lp....shame to let it go but it has not been played in forever....

snapshot of the times.....

Side2 may still be a bit modern for me :)

think I bought it at Clifton Hall..?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Peter,

good lp....shame to let it go but it has not been played in forever....

snapshot of the times.....

Side2 may still be a bit modern for me :)

think I bought it at Clifton Hall..?

Hi Steve

That's an excellent description mate - a snap shot of the times. Probably on sale at Clifton Hall - one of my favourite all niters ever. I got mine mail order from a small advert in Black Echoes I think - it was a while ago though. Mine is battered to fook - including a coffee/tea stained cover! :lol:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Steve

That's an excellent description mate - a snap shot of the times. Probably on sale at Clifton Hall - one of my favourite all niters ever. I got mine mail order from a small advert in Black Echoes I think - it was a while ago though. Mine is battered to fook - including a coffee/tea stained cover! :lol:

Peter

:thumbsup:

I bought mine at Wigan...they were a tenner.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Love albums, always have, good value for money and sometimes, unless you have a few grand to spare, the only way of getting hold of many tracks.
I would far prefer to buy an original album with a track on that I want, then to buy a 7" bootleg
Other good thing is that many times you get the full mixes rather than the watered down ones that get released on some 7".

Social source share

Just sold two copies of the WVON white label album - both went for less than £11 - thought they would have fetched more in relation to the tracks covered on the album.

Thanks for that.....

think it can go and sit back in the garage for that sort of price......... :g:

Fits in with the recent post on lower priced 45s not selling at all...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!