Jimmy James-Piccadily

Guest rockinsidney

Guest rockinsidney

Hi yawl,

Well im over the moon picked up a Jimmy James-THis Heart Of Mine-Piccadily ep Fpr £20.00

Bargain or what and the best version bar none!!

See bargains are still out there

Social source share

Hi yawl,

Well im over the moon picked up a Jimmy James-THis Heart Of Mine-Piccadily ep Fpr £20.00

Bargain or what and the best version bar none!!

See bargains are still out there

Allright ....don't go on about it !!!!! Notice you didnt tell us all about the time you knocked 300 records over in that charity shop !!! Smashin !!!

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....Only one problem with the EP, is that it's at half the volume of the 45 issue, why this is so & how it got through quality control is a mystery a long version is on the ASTRA LP NEW RELIGION, but not on all copies, got a brilliant B side on the 45  PICCADILLY 7N 35331 "I don't want to cry" makes this a must have item. :thumbsup: DAVE K 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...For those people who like Jimmy James "come to me softly" he first did a cut on the famous WIRL LABEL in 63? it is nice but not as good as the later soulful version that was recorded at PYE STUDIOS in 65 released on PICADILLY, & also on MARBLE ARCH mal 823 - "this is Jimmy James" - Jimmy James & the Vagabonds 5star LP.

A must have LP to own if you want a classic lp with great soul, tracks are side 1 - come to me softly, I feel alright, I don't wanna cry, I cant get home to my baby, ain't love good, ain't love proud.  side 2. never like this before, no good to cry, you showed me the way, little boy blue. hi diddly dee dum dum,  I can recommend this LP, & all his music, many gems still to get proper exposure, like the flip side of "red red wine", I have also put up the Hortense Ellis (Alton Ellis sister) "i'll come softly", R&B JB- 101, A hard one to find, in a original R&B DISC PROMO SLEEVE. (I kid you not) they only made 1 per record, the value of both versions by JJ on 45s & the LPs are hard to value, as is the R&B 45.However much you pay these records are rare and you should not leave them once seen :thumbsup: DAVE K

post-13241-0-62703000-1387687652_thumb.j

Social source share

Two to look out for on Piccadilly by J.James are 'Water' & 'If You Knew'. Both great Northern type tunes. 'If You Knew' is another version of the Ebony Keyes. 

EDIT: Doh! How thick am I, i've just realised those 2 tracks are by Geno Washington on Piccadilly!!  

I had the J.James EP with 'This Heart Of Mine' but NO cover/sleeve so when I got the 45 I traded the E.P on as sound was low.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...For those people who like Jimmy James "come to me softly" he first did a cut on the famous WIRL LABEL in 63? it is nice but not as good as the later soulful version that was recorded at PYE STUDIOS in 65 released on PICADILLY, & also on MARBLE ARCH mal 823 - "this is Jimmy James" - Jimmy James & the Vagabonds 5star LP.

A must have LP to own if you want a classic lp with great soul, tracks are side 1 - come to me softly, I feel alright, I don't wanna cry, I cant get home to my baby, ain't love good, ain't love proud.  side 2. never like this before, no good to cry, you showed me the way, little boy blue. hi diddly dee dum dum,  I can recommend this LP, & all his music, many gems still to get proper exposure, like the flip side of "red red wine", I have also put up the Hortense Ellis (Alton Ellis sister) "i'll come softly", R&B JB- 101, A hard one to find, in a original R&B DISC PROMO SLEEVE. (I kid you not) they only made 1 per record, the value of both versions by JJ on 45s & the LPs are hard to value, as is the R&B 45.However much you pay these records are rare and you should not leave them once seen :thumbsup: DAVE K

attachicon.gifcome to me softley jimmy james, +++.jpg

There's a great version of I"ll Come Softly by "Heather" on UK King, updates Hortense Ellis' version, very very obscure, sold one the other day for £40.

Social source share

attachicon.gifcome to me softley jimmy james, +++.jpg

I could swear that the R&B sticker on the Hortense Ellis sleeve looks photocopied?   :g:

Social source share

Hello John, you must have had an easy life!  I don't know how old you are but can you remember "old money" and "the hit parade" and the "swinging sixties" and things like that???

I'm 56 now but I can pass for 55 in the dark.

So I'm told.

:wink: 

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!