Future Of Northern Soul

Guest LeedsPal

Guest LeedsPal

For the past 30 odd years since I last attended a Northern Soul event I have been into all types of dance music mainly soulfull House. I always listened to Northern over the years as a result I decided to give the scene a try again. My wife was sceptical she feels that she cant dance to Northern and that at 50 every man and his dog would stare at her. 

I showed her a few you tube clips and to be honest some frightened me to death never mind her with some outstanding dancing, however other videos showed bald fat old women who cant really dance so this gave her hope and a new wig was bought for her.

The reason for this post came after we visited the Kings Georges Hall in Blackburn on Saturday for the last 3 months whenever Leeds are away we book into a hotel room and try to visit a local Northern event. to cut it short we had a good night but a bit to my surprise were comments posted on the events page in regards to Handbag music, pissed students etc.

Which made me think of what is the future of Northern Soul ? In the new year a movie should be coming out and in this movie hopefully will be some classic tracks and there in lies the first question will those tracks suddenly become commercial and not be played on the northern soul scene again ? im hoping not im hoping that the pissed up students actually do buy into it I remember my first dos in late 70's and these were attended by drugged up students not just pissed ones ! Those individuals are now the old balding soulies of today are they not ?

I believe at more time than any other that Northern Soul is at its final cross roads, a documentary on the BBC, mentions in the press, backing tracks for commercials and a movie to boot.

Young uns are looking for a new fashion a new buzz or music to get into and Northern has a great opportunity in my opinion to get those numbers up. But also old soulies like myself late 40's early 50's just might want to give the scene one last chance and dance.

I don't believe this can happen if dancing once again becomes the overall reason for a Northern Soul scene, and importantly the old classics are not played im sorry but I have listened to a lot of cross over Modern Soul and apart form a handful of tracks ( I appreciate I need more time to get into this side of the scene) they do not have the vibe or buzz as the classics, those tracks got us into the scene and can inspire a new generation.

Your views and thought's appreciated and respected

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Do you live in LEEDS?....try EMPTY BOTTLES  what a great night it is.....run by youngsters....we live in the bedford area and go as often as we can........a good mix of age groups.....and there are other clubs in your area and in MANCHESTER  that have a similar mix.....the big commercial events have left the soul scene long ago to become NORTHERN extraveganzas......they are not where it,s at,as it were.....atb  t

Social source share

Who cares how anyone dances its about the music, if you feel the music then just dance ;-) Oh and there is a hell of a lot of cracking tunes that grab me that ain't the usual classics. Listen to miss Russell above look for venues run by some younger soulies cos they certainly have the vibe :-)

Social source share

Guest LeedsPal

Yes we will give Empty Bottles a go and are planning to get to new venues around Leeds and in time we will find the right fit. As for dancing I agree it is about the music and if you feel it just dance. Maybe it is because we are both conscious that there are great dancers out there and we are not the greatest Northern Dancers, in the old days I used to think people were staring at my dancing until I realised they were just drugged up and staring into space. Now still feels that people are looking at you, sounds daft I know, for now we are having a few beers to relax and going for it ..

Ironically we have visited a few venues in London and it is a lot younger crowd with a great fashion and good music to boot. Different areas attitudes etc I suppose

Social source share

Guest Mr Faye

For the past 30 odd years since I last attended a Northern Soul event I have been into all types of dance music mainly soulfull House. I always listened to Northern over the years as a result I decided to give the scene a try again. My wife was sceptical she feels that she cant dance to Northern and that at 50 every man and his dog would stare at her. 

Being only 17 myself, i guess i'm still new to the scene as a whole, some people have been into it for 40 years or so, i'm just scraping the surface of a whole life ahead of new soul music and people to meet. I guess i'm alot different that the kids up at 'Wigan Young Souls' as my parents were never into the music, they were into the rave scene in the 80s. None of my friends were into it and to be honest, i didn't even know it exsisted! I got into The Jam when I was about 10...i found an old CD of it in my dads collection, and decided to listen to it, i didn't know about Paul Weller or 'mod' or anything, I just liked the music. I was listening to The Jam for about 2 years until i heard about The Who by accident...one of their songs 'I Won't Get Fooled Again' was played out in a pud or something once and i loved it! I found out who they were and i bought one of their CD's from Woolworths (can't remember what one now). I dropped that music for about a year and got into my parents music taste; Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, 808 state etc...When i was about 14 i got into The Who again and starting buying their other albums and looking to tours etc, it slowly came apparently that The Jam and The Who, both had the same logo...but it was actually the roundel. From there i got into other mod bands such as The Creation, The Byrds, Secret Affair etc... Through knowing these bands now, i found about about Ska bands aswell, Specials, Bad Manners...so i really got into that aswell.

Northern soul, or, Soul music, was the last thing i found out about, i discovered it by accident when i looking on a page about 'mod music', so i decided to give it a try...I found out about kev roberts top 500 and started listening to them, it didn't click at first, so i tried to found some harder edged sounds, and the first track i fell in love with was called, Fox in a Mini Skirt - Claude & hank Carbo (castle records), which is quite under the radar. Slowly i started to learn about the tunes and started to collect records...this really helped me learn the music and get to learn new music, for me, records are a visual thing aswell as the audio, i find it easier to remember a record from the label, visualising it in my mind. Now I collect mainly r&b and funky stuff...i like the sounds that are a bit different from the 'oldies' as too be honest, i can't stand that stuff. Frank wilson...the snake...don't even get me started. I've never liked it, never will. Now i have a collection of about 400 45's and has become part from everyday life, going to a night on the friday and then an all nighter on the saturday or just a night, and maybe an all dayer on teh sunday if it's nearby, i travel all over england from bristol up to manchester, based in peterborough, i'm pretty much in the centre of everything, and the scene is still good here, no one my age, but that doesn't affect me one bit.

I do anything i can to get money to buy records and go to nighters, I buy and sell everything from stamp collections to clothes to the obvious...records...

so yeah, that's abit about me as a whole....

Aaron

Social source share

Guest LeedsPal

This phrase gets trotted out on numerous occasions by people returning to the scene i.e. if its not a classic oldie from the mid 70s it must be modern/crossover and I don't like that so all I want to do is listen to my old favourites. An extremely uninformed view/statement and one which has cause so much damage to what is loosely called the northern scene these days. I know thats not the main gist of your post but it annoys me every time I hear it, no offence :thumbsup:

No offence taken, I suppose the first answer would be yes your correct I like so many others returning would love to listen and dance all night to what we first heard in our youth, years of listening in bedroom and in car nice to get out on dance floor.  I personally have a lot of catching up to do which for me makes it exciting again to be going to a Northern Venue, but some of it sounds well not great and I don't think will get a large amount of youngsters onto the scene but I feel the old classics would hence my question regarding the future of Northern.

Where do I get that opinion  from well on here was a thread discussing ins and outs of Kev Roberts top 500. Someone posted a top 200 so with the power of you tube I checked these 200 out and it wasn't great. I left the scene due to in fighting and certainly would not wish that to occur again Steve give me time im sure ill find my venue and my niche.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Being only 17 myself, i guess i'm still new to the scene as a whole, some people have been into it for 40 years or so, i'm just scraping the surface of a whole life ahead of new soul music and people to meet. I guess i'm alot different that the kids up at 'Wigan Young Souls' as my parents were never into the music, they were into the rave scene in the 80s. None of my friends were into it and to be honest, i didn't even know it exsisted! I got into The Jam when I was about 10...i found an old CD of it in my dads collection, and decided to listen to it, i didn't know about Paul Weller or 'mod' or anything, I just liked the music. I was listening to The Jam for about 2 years until i heard about The Who by accident...one of their songs 'I Won't Get Fooled Again' was played out in a pud or something once and i loved it! I found out who they were and i bought one of their CD's from Woolworths (can't remember what one now). I dropped that music for about a year and got into my parents music taste; Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, 808 state etc...When i was about 14 i got into The Who again and starting buying their other albums and looking to tours etc, it slowly came apparently that The Jam and The Who, both had the same logo...but it was actually the roundel. From there i got into other mod bands such as The Creation, The Byrds, Secret Affair etc... Through knowing these bands now, i found about about Ska bands aswell, Specials, Bad Manners...so i really got into that aswell.

Northern soul, or, Soul music, was the last thing i found out about, i discovered it by accident when i looking on a page about 'mod music', so i decided to give it a try...I found out about kev roberts top 500 and started listening to them, it didn't click at first, so i tried to found some harder edged sounds, and the first track i fell in love with was called, Fox in a Mini Skirt - Claude & hank Carbo (castle records), which is quite under the radar. Slowly i started to learn about the tunes and started to collect records...this really helped me learn the music and get to learn new music, for me, records are a visual thing aswell as the audio, i find it easier to remember a record from the label, visualising it in my mind. Now I collect mainly r&b and funky stuff...i like the sounds that are a bit different from the 'oldies' as too be honest, i can't stand that stuff. Frank wilson...the snake...don't even get me started. I've never liked it, never will. Now i have a collection of about 400 45's and has become part from everyday life, going to a night on the friday and then an all nighter on the saturday or just a night, and maybe an all dayer on teh sunday if it's nearby, i travel all over england from bristol up to manchester, based in peterborough, i'm pretty much in the centre of everything, and the scene is still good here, no one my age, but that doesn't affect me one bit.

I do anything i can to get money to buy records and go to nighters, I buy and sell everything from stamp collections to clothes to the obvious...records...

Aaron

Aaron I wish that I was your age again collecting records finding new sounds .Just take your time son , collecting takes time and ask for any advise on here these chaps will put you right. Regards Simon.

Social source share

Aaron

what a refreshing post.....
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Yes we will give Empty Bottles a go and are planning to get to new venues around Leeds and in time we will find the right fit. As for dancing I agree it is about the music and if you feel it just dance. Maybe it is because we are both conscious that there are great dancers out there and we are not the greatest Northern Dancers, in the old days I used to think people were staring at my dancing until I realised they were just drugged up and staring into space. Now still feels that people are looking at you, sounds daft I know, for now we are having a few beers to relax and going for it ..

Ironically we have visited a few venues in London and it is a lot younger crowd with a great fashion and good music to boot. Different areas attitudes etc I suppose

Try and forget this great dancers ect slant ....to be honest it,s rubbish......the clubs l have mentioned play great mid/uptempo soul  yes they throw in a few classics (no probs there) as long as it,s not a classic fest  (boring) it,s great....as l,ve said there are some banging nights to be had............but not the big do,s......give it a whirl

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

The best days of the scene are a personal thing ,I'm getting on for 59 so from my point of view the best days were from around 71 ,for folks in ther 40's the best days are probably the early 80's,but my point is ,today is the future of N/soul,in constant flux,if it dindn't change, the stuff of the early 70's would have been old hat by the 80's,so it has got to keep changing

Just my opinion of course :yes:

Bazza  :hatsoff2:
Edited by Bazza
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Aaron

Hey Arron   claude and hank.......deffo not under the radar.......there are clubs out there where you'd be suprised the amount of old farts in attendance to these harder edged tunes :thumbsup:  :lol:

Social source share

Yes we will give Empty Bottles a go and are planning to get to new venues around Leeds and in time we will find the right fit. As for dancing I agree it is about the music and if you feel it just dance. Maybe it is because we are both conscious that there are great dancers out there and we are not the greatest Northern Dancers, in the old days I used to think people were staring at my dancing until I realised they were just drugged up and staring into space. Now still feels that people are looking at you, sounds daft I know, for now we are having a few beers to relax and going for it ..

Ironically we have visited a few venues in London and it is a lot younger crowd with a great fashion and good music to boot. Different areas attitudes etc I suppose

And no doubt you will be watching people dance too so when your having a dance and feel you may be being watched just think that they could actually be enjoying watching you dance because you FEEL THE MUSIC and not just doing the "northern steps" for me the best dancers are those that dance to and feel the music not the acrobats and hand waving clones that are out of time and pretend they feel the music ;-)

Remember its all about the music and if it gets you then you will know it I promise :-)

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

Aaron I wish that I was your age again collecting records finding new sounds .Just take your time son , collecting takes time and ask for any advise on here these chaps will put you right. Regards Simon.

He's a nice lad, with a great attitude - He came up from the Peterborough area to Boomerang in Thorne, Yorkshire last Sat night, and had a ball.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Social source share

And no doubt you will be watching people dance too so when your having a dance and feel you may be being watched just think that they could actually be enjoying watching you dance because you FEEL THE MUSIC and not just doing the "northern steps" for me the best dancers are those that dance to and feel the music not the acrobats and hand waving clones that are out of time and pretend they feel the music ;-)

Remember its all about the music and if it gets you then you will know it I promise :-)

Absolutely correct grasshopper  :lol:

Edited by Bazza
Social source share

If youre a "returner" to the scene I'd personally give the large more commercial venues hellbent on playing top 50 a miss. Find yourself two or three independent smaller clubs who play OVO and progressive tunes as well as getting informative advice on where to go. That way you and your wife won't feel intimidated, I would say ease your way in slowly. Not a venue plugger by any means I'm in Sheffield Horse & Groom Doncaster or Horti Club, Hollingwood Chesterfielld, Boomerang at Thorne or Blackhearts. Above all enjoy! Life's too short.

Ktf

Mick

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Mr Faye

Hey Arron   claude and hank.......deffo not under the radar.......there are clubs out there where you'd be suprised the amount of old farts in attendance to these harder edged tunes :thumbsup:  :lol:

ah right i didn't know, i've never met one that knew that track before you see, never heard it played out, apart from when i play it out obviously!

Aaron

Social source share

Guest Mr Faye

If he is a returner surely he will want to go to some of the oldies venues like Stoke this Saturday ...if he finds that he knows most of rhe tunes and is a bit bored then The Windsor Suite.People of all ages there.

I'm going stoke this saturday...but not for the oldies, i'm normally in the 2nd room the whole night, love it in there. 

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I'm going stoke this saturday...but not for the oldies, i'm normally in the 2nd room the whole night, love it in there. 

Hi there come and say howdo mate.

Social source share

Northern Soul died a long time ago.....the halcyon days will never return.....we now have a scene that is akin to The Beach Beat thing....old people trying to dance to records from their youth.

Sorry to shatter a few egos......it's gone!

Hear, hear. I think though if you want to find the original spirit of Northern Soul, then it is to be found in those progressive clubs, underplayed etc. For me, it's a state of mind about digging out and championing stuff that doesn't get played, including picking up on styles not previously favoured. As for all this guff about the top 500 is the best by virtue of it being the top 500.............I've had people say that to me and it really is the most fatuous, unsustainable and narrow-minded of arguments.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What I like about you (correct me if I'm wrong here) is the fact that you are not influenced by anyone - I expect you like the 'Oldies what you like', and the 'Newies what you like', and (hopefully) there is no line in-between for you - F*ckin' healthy that I'd say.

You mentioned your parents background - Maybe your attitude is a testament to them.

All the best,

Edited by LEN
Social source share

WHY THE NEGATIVE WAVES MORIARTY?? :dash2:  :no: FOR F*** SAKE.......CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!

Because the scene ain't what it was for some of us - But I'm all for 'grabbing what ya can' out of it in a positive way, because it's better than getting old on the sofa (I stopped moaning a few years ago) :wink: 

All the best,

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Because the scene ain't what it was for some of us - But I'm all for 'grabbing what ya can' out of it in a positive way, because it's better than getting old on the sofa (I stopped moaning a few years ago) :wink: 

All the best,

i'm not arguing with that len, or what markw wrote...i know it's quite innocent but the headline is about the future and enough folk across the GLOBE, have, are and WILL assure the scene's continuation and the love of the music. the scene is so diverse now that the classic oldies scenario is just ONE section in the evolving playlist for the generations who have caught on to what we have preached for so long......SO WHY, BLOODY WELL KEEP HARPING ON ABOUT WHAT IS THE FUTURE???...THE WORD DIVERSITY SAYS IT ALL,...THAT'S WHY THE SCENE HAS AND WILL SURVIVE...BECAUSE IT EVOLVES AND RE-INVENTS AT THE SAME TIME...NO OTHER MUSICAL GENRE CAN EVER LAY CREDIT TO THAT.

Social source share

i'm not arguing with that len, or what markw wrote...i know it's quite innocent but the headline is about the future and enough folk across the GLOBE, have, are and WILL assure the scene's continuation and the love of the music. the scene is so diverse now that the classic oldies scenario is just ONE section in the evolving playlist for the generations who have caught on to what we have preached for so long......SO WHY, BLOODY WELL KEEP HARPING ON ABOUT WHAT IS THE FUTURE???...THE WORD DIVERSITY SAYS IT ALL,...THAT'S WHY THE SCENE HAS AND WILL SURVIVE...BECAUSE IT EVOLVES AND RE-INVENTS AT THE SAME TIME...NO OTHER MUSICAL GENRE CAN EVER LAY CREDIT TO THAT.

Yes that's true, and one place that shows that so well is The 100 Club - Ady must have seen 4 generations of punters pass through his 'lovely system'.......the old b*stard :D 

.....They'll never do it as well as I did though :wicked::D 

I have to admit that being negative is easy - A bit of positivity is the key I feel :wink:

All the best,

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Guest Mr Faye

What I like about you (correct me if I'm wrong here) is the fact that you are not influenced by anyone - I expect you like the 'Oldies what you like', and the 'Newies what you like', and (hopefully) there is no line in-between for you - F*ckin' healthy that I'd say.

You mentioned your parents background - Maybe your attitude is a testament to them.

All the best,

haha, spot on mate! I think maybe the fact that throughout all my education, i had very little friends, no one to turn to or go out with at weekends. Because of that, i'd have to discover everything myself...the thing was, i couldn't stand what everyone else was listening too, i thought it was a load of shit. I thought everyone had no individuality, everyone dressed the same, everyone was doing the same activities, everyone had to sit in that fucking circle on the playground at lunch, otherwise you weren't "cool" hahahaha. (But obviously, as soon as something is classed as cool, it's not cool anymore beacuse it's not cool to be cool, because being cool is not cool...cool is being different, but as soon as people start following that 'cool' trend, it's not cool anymore because it's then 'cool') . 

With the oldies and that...i hear them played all the time, i collect different sounds that i've never heard out, the style of the music i collect is alot different to what is being played out now, i collect alot of my rarer underplayed r&b / popcorn / obscure stuff i couldn't even tell you what sub genre it would be in haha. The amount of times i've been at a soul do, a shit song has come on like ,Do I Get Overplayed (Indeed I Do)  or some overplayed Motown like diana ross, or something of the sort...i just leave the room and go out for a smoke to kill time. I generally can't stand it, this is why i travel down to the 100club alot and places like that, that play the more...BETTER STUFF, than all these realllyyyy shockingly bad oldies nights. Were you get your women on the dance floor wearing their fucking stiletto heels, drink in one hand, phone in the other, do that some old foot movement (left foot turn left, right foot turn right. You know what i'm talking about). I mean every night you are gunna get your baggy trousers and your chin strokers...i'm just there to fucking dance and hear (hopefully hear) new music, i can write down and listen to again later and look it up. 

Aaron

Edited by Mr Faye
Social source share

haha, spot on mate! I think maybe the fact that throughout all my education, i had very little friends, no one to turn to or go out with at weekends. Because of that, i'd have to discover everything myself...the thing was, i couldn't stand what everyone else was listening too, i thought it was a load of shit. I thought everyone had no individuality, everyone dressed the same, everyone was doing the same activities, everyone had to sit in that fucking circle on the playground at lunch, otherwise you weren't "cool" hahahaha. (But obviously, as soon as something is classed as cool, it's not cool anymore beacuse it's not cool to be cool, because being cool is not cool...cool is being different, but as soon as people start following that 'cool' trend, it's not cool anymore because it's then 'cool') . 

Aaron

F*ck me - What are you 17 years old?.....It took me over 40 years to work that out, and embrace it! - Good on ya mate :wink: 

....I'll now go and read your second paragraph :D 

P.s - 'over ground' is the new 'under ground' :huh::D 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Simon is spot on here - I too have returned to the music after a break of 32 years and felt out of my depth when starting to build a collection again but the advice/ knowledge from the guys on here has been first class.   :thumbsup: 

Social source share

All the best,

Len it ain't the same ,but would you want it to be ?,you can't live in the past what ever year it was for you,I still love to get out now and then  :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Len it ain't the same ,but would you want it to be ?,you can't live in the past what ever year it was for you,I still love to get out now and then  :yes:

You're never gonna 're-live' it, no matter how hard you try (it's an age thing).......You simply must 'get out now and then' - force yourselves if you have to, because once you stop, it's so hard to 'prize' yourself off that sofa - I've watched people do it, and they are the ones that seem to moan the most, almost as if an excuse for them staying in (some mates included)

All the best,

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Future of Northern soul.

No crystal ball available.

I guess the scene could go a number of ways.

If the Youth take it up in great numbers then it would be moulded into something they want it to be , with their stamp on it.They would eventually run their own venues getting away from the more established events over time.Lets us older ones stand back and watch it grow.

If the youth only turn up in small numbers then i guess the events would have a small presence by them and the scene would tick along for as long as we are still around.Then who knows !!

If the youth pull out then i guess the events would turn into Northern soul coffee lounges with a very small dance floors and early finsh times (late evenings ).

Personally i would rather not think about it too much as it could paint a depressing picture.

One thing for certain is that we should encourage and promote the scene with and to the Youth if they are interested and provide it as a means of getting away from that Force fed commercial music stuff thats lacks pedigree.

The great thing about the Northern soul scene is that it is ours !!!

Live long and prosper...

cheers Frank

p.s. 100 club is on this Saturday , a great introduction to the scene if you are new to it.

Edited by Bossfourpart1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

He's a nice lad, with a great attitude - He came up from the Peterborough area to Boomerang in Thorne, Yorkshire last Sat night, and had a ball.

All the best,

We'd better keep him away from you  and that crossdresser music.......it,ll scar him for life :lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

ah right i didn't know, i've never met one that knew that track before you see, never heard it played out, apart from when i play it out obviously!

Aaron

tRY as many types of venue that play a different type.......one style will rise to the top.......then you'll be sorted :thumbup:

Social source share

Northern Soul died a long time ago.....the halcyon days will never return.....we now have a scene that is akin to The Beach Beat thing....old people trying to dance to records from their youth.

Sorry to shatter a few egos......it's gone!

Disagree. Northern Soul will never die. The future may lie in a profusion of small venues. Much depends on youngsters joining the ranks - with interested followers in Leeds and Lincs plus assorted other UK strongholds, the future is assured. Truly good music never dies once it's achieved classic status. Post fades out whistling the tune of Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life...
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Music is eternal, it lives on long after those who created it are dead so it will obviously live on long after we are dead. 

As for the 'northern soul' scene, it will either fade away gradually or evolve into something different but there will always be various kinds of soul scenes in the future because groups of people will always be drawn together - one way or another - by a mutual love of a particular style of music or whatever.

Our journeys of discovery were gradual but today's new soul fans and t
omorrow's soul fans will have the ability to quickly and deeply explore any kind of music or movement without leaving their bedrooms. Some of them will obviously fall in love with what some of us today call 'northern soul' music, they'll probably refer to it by other names but they'll enjoy it as much as we did.

Paul

Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

Aaron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqMS1LY4sl8

the instumental is fab,, castles royal band, one of the best soul instrumentals never to be played

i personally prefer the insto, but the vocal is great

If your based in Leeds try Driving beat

They had Guy Hennegan on at the last one

I traveled from Wales to get to that, And I dont make any effort t go any where normally

He was amazing, Just like the 80s, his fav tunes and unknown tunes

i so respect a collector who will stand by and play records they love, no matter how much they cost

Guy in my oppinion is one stand out collector / dj

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

Oh so true,,,,Gone!! for me anyways

Yes, I will never be 18 years old again

but I cant  help loving vintage music

I dont go anywhere, but love old music more than ever

the best night out i have had this year was with soul people.

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

With all the baggy pants - tea coasters Etc & all that cheap tatt .. Turned it in to a Circus ... Completely lost its Kudos

well......there were no baggy pants and vests the last time i went out

just great people and great music

but i suppose its down to where you go

Social source share

Aaron

You sound like me 30 years ago in almost every detail (except I was 18 when I went to my first nighter) - welcome aboard, it's a privilege to have you here.

Dx

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!