Lesley Gore-Treat Me Like A Lady

Grayman45

As a very naive teenager, I bought this record at an alldayer, thinking it was something totally different, (I'm too embarrassed to say what I thought it was). It's a nice enough tune. I've since learnt who Lesley Gore is of course. I was wondering whether it was ever played on the scene. Anybody got any info?

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't help with question, don't recall Treat Me Like Lady being played. Just wanted to shout out for Lesley Gore. No Matter What You Do (Mercury) is a great mod/northern thumping tune. Her version of Just Can't Get Enough of You was played but before my time. I think this is quite rare, it's on the '66 album Lesley Gore Sings About Love but not sure about the 45 release. Same as Apollas on Loma.

Social source share

Can't help with question, don't recall Treat Me Like Lady being played. Just wanted to shout out for Lesley Gore. No Matter What You Do (Mercury) is a great mod/northern thumping tune. Her version of Just Can't Get Enough of You was played but before my time. I think this is quite rare, it's on the '66 album Lesley Gore Sings About Love but not sure about the 45 release. Same as Apollas on Loma.

Thanks for the reply. I assume the lack of replies suggests it wasn't played, or wasn't played much. Seem to remember paying good money for it too (for that time).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert