The Night?

SHEFFSOUL

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  In 1976 I was a member of the lighting crew working on the Kool & the Gang, F.B.I UK tour, It was on that tour I learnt many interesting facts about the band, and who they knew, like Ed Kiser and they loved the music that I had on tape including "burning sensation" it was on a gig to the free trade hall Manchester that the stage roadie, a guy called Donald ?, he was the voice on the open sesames!. about th e MOTOWN AUDITION DISCS, 12" PLATTER WITH 4 to 6 instrumental trax, that were given to group & solo artist to preform at auditions, he told me that MOTOWN kept a file with every instrumental of every song, I have no reason to doubt his word or his knowledge, this would mean that the "NIGHT" EXISISTS SOMEWHERE :g: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  In 1976 I was a member of the lighting crew working on the Kool & the Gang, F.B.I UK tour, It was on that tour I learnt many interesting facts about the band, and who they knew, like Ed Kiser and they loved the music that I had on tape including "burning sensation" it was on a gig to the free trade hall Manchester that the stage roadie, a guy called Donald ?, he was the voice on the open sesames!. about th e MOTOWN AUDITION DISCS, 12" PLATTER WITH 4 to 6 instrumental trax, that were given to group & solo artist to preform at auditions, he told me that MOTOWN kept a file with every instrumental of every song, I have no reason to doubt his word or his knowledge, this would mean that the "NIGHT" EXISISTS SOMEWHERE :g: DAVE K

bolded bit made me smile

get off your camel and...

on night instrumental

just for idle interest

it seems a lot of these semi-instrumental karaoke versions show up for a fair few northern classics nowadays 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Originally-Performed-Frankie-Seasons/dp/B006RR7UY4/ref=sr_1_38?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1385571689&sr=1-38&keywords=night+frankie+karaoke

Social source share

Really?  They made some of the greatest pop music of the 60's, I love more or less everything of theirs I've ever heard, from Sherry, Big Girls Don't Cry and Rag Doll to I'm Gonna Change

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....I LIKE IT I LIKE IT, WELL DONE PETE.   All the 4 Seasons stuff & many of the SURF music especially the Beach Boys became hits because of the SOUL CLUBS of the day the TWISTED WHEEL CLUB,& the SOHO CLUBS including the Pink Flamingo & the TILES CLUB played this sort of music mixed in with R&B SOUL & UK group R&B STYLE,

I remember my brother coming home from the TILES after seeing JIMI HENDRIX, also he loved 8 96.8 KEITH, which was a huge MOD RECORD.  What was that 4 Seasons garage type instrumental that got played at BLETSOE, it was on a red label??? :rofl: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....I LIKE IT I LIKE IT, WELL DONE PETE.   All the 4 Seasons stuff & many of the SURF music especially the Beach Boys became hits because of the SOUL CLUBS of the day the TWISTED WHEEL CLUB,& the SOHO CLUBS including the Pink Flamingo & the TILES CLUB played this sort of music mixed in with R&B SOUL & UK group R&B STYLE,

I remember my brother coming home from the TILES after seeing JIMI HENDRIX, also he loved 8 96.8 KEITH, which was a huge MOD RECORD.  What was that 4 Seasons garage type instrumental that got played at BLETSOE, it was on a red label??? :rofl: DAVE K

was that the wendall parker my loves on ration thing, thats a four seasons track with the vocals scrubbed off so ive been told

• Helpful 1
Social source share

was that the wendall parker my loves on ration thing, thats a four seasons track with the vocals scrubbed off so ive been told

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ...YES Wendall Parker it is many thanks, yes it is a bad dub agreed but it's got atmosphere? I have actually got a copy that I forgot all about, cheap as chips but as I say I like it, MANY THANKS DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!